English-language Forums > Commander Deck Reviews

Hoppin Out of My Comfort Zone with Kess Storm (Would Love Some Help)

<< < (2/6) > >>

WizardSpartan:

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on February 23, 2020, 04:55:21 pm ---Storm isn't impossible on a budget, it's just harder, which you may have noticed from reading Ziabo's thread. If you don't like infinite combos storm is perfect.

--- End quote ---
That's what I was thinking. It also seems more fun for me personally.

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on February 23, 2020, 04:55:21 pm ---If you want an "easier" storm deck, I suggest trying Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder. Giving your spells cascade let's you rack up the storm count easier. The difference is that Yidris has a huge element of randomness, and wheel effects are even more important.

--- End quote ---

I'm more interested in building a Kess deck, if that makes sense. I'm trying to play a deck built around instants & sorceries, as I am very accustomed to playing G/x (often creature-based) decks. I might consider building a Yidris cascade storm deck sometime in the future, though.

Ziabo:
Looks pretty fun!

I tried the wizard dude (wizards +2/+1 and flying guy) but never really could get him to go off. Heavy cast with a big bullseye on him.
I suggest getting Baral, Chief of compliance if possible.

But other than that as for a bugeted storm it looks pretty decent for casual play.

WizardSpartan:
I did have Baral in here, but I took him out. It was definitely a mistake, as he should be in here. I just played a game where I got Aetherflux Reservoir + Thousand Year Storm, but proceeded to durdle and concede out of sheer frustration. I should probably find a different avenue of winning. Ugh, everything is so much harder when you can't just kill your opponents with creatures (looking at you Craterhoof baby)

Ziabo:
Yeah def put him back in. Draw load grave and ramp. Cannot go wrong here.

That's the cool thing about magic though. So many ways to kill an opponent sometime brains over brawn sometimes brawn over brains.

I need to go to my LGS and start playtesting my deck so I can help you out on what needs to be done in a storm build so I can be of more help.

WizardSpartan:
Alrighty let's try this. Tell me what ya'll think of the cuts. I already own the scepter and decided that because the dramatic scepter combo wasn't necessarily an auto-win with Kess, I can include it and not feel too bad.

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-1 Abrade
-1 Echo of Eons
-1 Forbidden Alchemy
-1 Izzet Charm
-1 Murmuring Mystic
-1 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
+1 Baral, Chief of Compliance
+1 Dramatic Reversal
+1 Finale of Promise
+1 Helm of Awakening