deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: For those that have been here for a long time...  (Read 1132 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
For those that have been here for a long time...
« on: February 23, 2020, 06:34:45 pm »
...has the activity on the site increased now that Magic is much popular than a few years ago? We've seen price increases in Commander staples which probably indicates that there's more demand i.e. more players than before. This should, in theory, mean that forums and boards are more populare than before. At least the Reddit r/EDH is gaining more traction and has surpassed 100k users recently. Is the situation the same with Deckstats?

EDIT: inb4 Morganator comes in to tell us that his favourite thing about Deckstats are the forum stats.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: For those that have been here for a long time...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:49:27 pm »
Well now I'm not going to do it.

I've only been on this site for 3 years now, but even in that time frame the number of active posters on this site has gone up. There's more discussion in the General Magic Forum, and Commander has gotten so big that two new threads were made just for it.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 09:31:30 pm »
It's more active than when I first joined up back in the day.
This space for rent.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:14:29 am »
I began using this site two years ago.  It was at the recommendation of The Professor.  (I wonder if he still uses the site himself?)

I can't say that I've seen any more or less deck activity.  Most of that is invisible unless people publish their deck.  But I have seen a lot more conversations going on.  It used to be that most conversations were about specific deck tech.  Now there are a lot more non-deck related discussions.  Like this one.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 05:53:40 am »
Well the site still says I'm more active at 4am than I am at Noon..
Nils is the God I worship

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:01:05 pm »
I want to say that the amount of activity has increased over the last month or two.  For awhile when I'd check in everyday there would be 5 or less postings under 'Home' but lately I'm sure I'm missing stuff because the new postings fill up at least a couple times each day [though seems slower on Sundays].

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 04:30:06 pm »
Lol  I've been here for a looong time. 1st post was Nov 22nd 2015 at 11:52 am.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »

Gotcha by over 2 years.  8)
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 02:24:12 pm »

That's great but you don't have someone with a secret agenda/vendetta against you. -203 Karma so I am at 0. Someone went way out of their way to do that.
But damn though you have me beat by a city mile. So my question is what brought you to deckstats initially in the 1st place. For me I had a bunch of magic cards and I searched for a place where I could list the cards I own and the vaule of the cards.

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 04:28:07 pm »
Wait wtf poor Robort. Can any of you mods figure out who's doing that? What a jerk.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 04:48:25 pm »
It is being looked into and I'll leave it at that.

That's great but you don't have someone with a secret agenda/vendetta against you. -203 Karma so I am at 0. Someone went way out of their way to do that.
But damn though you have me beat by a city mile. So my question is what brought you to deckstats initially in the 1st place. For me I had a bunch of magic cards and I searched for a place where I could list the cards I own and the vaule of the cards.

Initially I came to Deckstats because I was looking for an alternative place to post decks after a little while away from the game. I didn't like the deckbuilder on the other site I had found around the same time. 
This space for rent.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 05:01:36 pm »
My account says 2 years I think, but I lurked for a long time before I joined in.
I started using it because my work blocked all of the other "big name" sites like tappedout and mtggoldfish. But now, I really prefer the deck builder here, the less cluttered landing page, and smaller close-knit community. It is probably my most visited website now.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 05:06:54 pm »
My account says 2 years I think, but I lurked for a long time before I joined in.
I started using it because my work blocked all of the other "big name" sites like tappedout and mtggoldfish. But now, I really prefer the deck builder here, the less cluttered landing page, and smaller close-knit community. It is probably my most visited website now.
Mine is actually Scryfall. I think I just googled for good deckbuilders and saw the stats on this site were easily readable and intuitive. I still don't quite get the editor or stats on Tappedout. To me it's really confusing so I will continue using Deckstats. Also found a nice little community here - <3.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 05:21:54 pm »
I took a look at all the sites EDHrec sources it's data from and found deckstats to be my personal favourite.

Then it turned out there's a bunch of people here who like talking about cardboard as much as I do so I stuck around.

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 08:58:53 am »
Hi I'm here for 1,5 years. A friend told me.
So I'm playing paper only and got a very lot of cards. For me it is important to build the decks online, before I start to delve through my boxes.

Like it, like you
bye