deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deckbuilder Feb 2020 Update  (Read 2344 times)

Nils

• Decks
Deckbuilder Feb 2020 Update
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:21:55 pm »
I have just made another update to our deckbuilder, bringing some improvements based on the latest feedback from you.

For example, you can now:
  • See more of your deck thanks to some layout tweaks. Deck properties such as the format and description are now available through the Properties button and you can edit the deck name by clicking on it.
  • Sort the cards in your deck by CMC, price and more - both in the deckbuilder as well as on the deck page. The card order will also be saved when you save your deck.
  • Select all cards in a deck section at once.
  • Move cards to other sections more easily: click the arrow on the right on large screens or tap on the card and then on Move on smaller screens. On desktop you can also now drag & drop all the cards you have selected at once.
  • Add comments directly in the card list (as you could in an earlier version) on large screens.
  • Specify the printing (collector number) for cards with multiple versions in the same set.
  • Remove a card from price calculations by setting the ignore_price override. Also, the ignore_cost override is now also applied in the mana curve and when calculating average CMC.
  • Custom sections will now automatically be removed when you choose to have your deck grouped automatically (for example by Type or Color).
The settings page has also received a bit of an overhaul. In addition to the visual improvements you can now choose how decks should be sorted there, as well as what your preferred source for card prices is.

I have tested this quite a bit over the last few weeks but I'm sure someone will still find a bug somewhere. So as usual, if you see something that doesn't look right please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:27:34 pm by Nils »

TheKarmakazie

• Decks
Re: Deckbuilder Feb 2020 Update
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 04:26:22 am »
Using both a desktop and mobile interface it seems that creating custom sections has either been hidden or removed. Where is it? It used to be simple and now I can not find it.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 06:41:48 am »
Using both a desktop and mobile interface it seems that creating custom sections has either been hidden or removed. Where is it? It used to be simple and now I can not find it.
(On mobile currently, might be different on desktop)
The create section link seems to have been moved just a wee bit right, but is otherwise pretty much exactly where it was before...

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 07:01:38 pm »
Exactly - the New Section button should still be where it used to be: in-between the main deck and the sideboard. If this is not showing up for you please send me a screenshot so I can investigate.

WolfRage

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 03:20:07 am »
Nils, I ha e been testing the new layout and find it greatly improves over the previous. It is even much better on the phone. I actually like the suctioning being a separate popup rather than a drop down. And thanks for bringing back the comments. Much appreciated!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 01:18:07 am »
Thank you for your message, I'm very happy to hear that! :)

ReMeDy_III

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 03:17:54 am »
Thanks, this update brings back all the features I was hoping for! Fantastic update!

Munchkin-ruler

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 03:34:49 am »
Honestly i hate this change of add the mana curve while it is nice to see it. it takes up way to much room on the screen (i'm using a laptop) making it significantly harder for me to actually build my deck. I want to go back though see what cards i have what roll they play in my deck but now i just cant see as much as I need to is there any way that it could be adjusted in the future or is there a way in the setting to adjust it manually because i attempted to and could not find it but i also might have missed it. But other than that the changes were good thank you for your continued work.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:46:08 am by Munchkin-ruler »

WolfRage

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 08:37:45 pm »
You can easily minimize the mana curve section with the arrow at the left hand side.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 09:42:21 pm »
Honestly i hate this change of add the mana curve while it is nice to see it. it takes up way to much room on the screen (i'm using a laptop) making it significantly harder for me to actually build my deck. I want to go back though see what cards i have what roll they play in my deck but now i just cant see as much as I need to is there any way that it could be adjusted in the future or is there a way in the setting to adjust it manually because i attempted to and could not find it but i also might have missed it. But other than that the changes were good thank you for your continued work.
Sorry to hear that. The mana curve has actually been there for a few months already now. If you don't want to see it, you can click where it says "Mana Curve (CMC xxx)" to hide it.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 01:07:06 am »
Would it be possible to be able to minimize that mana curve thing, similar to how we can minimize the deckstats news on the righthand side of the screen?

I like being able to see the mana curve when I am on a desktop with a a big screen. It is great. But as Munchkin-ruler stated, on a smaller screen like a laptop, it does take up a lot of room.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 02:18:57 am »
The comment above yours should answer this.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 09:38:31 pm »
OH SHIT BALL!!!!! I didnt even see Nils's post. Thank you Morgantor.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 10:56:25 pm »
Tbh I wasn't gonna say anything, but until this thread pointed it out to me, I didn't even realize you could minimize the CMC graph. I don't know why so many people aren't seeing it. It's pretty obvious once ya know about it. Hmm.