deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cedh question  (Read 406 times)

Varatius

• Decks
Cedh question
« on: March 05, 2020, 04:57:46 pm »
So I'm familiar with cedh more than the average person however I've never seen or heard of a flash hulk deck that uses vial smasher the fierce and thrasios,  Triton hero however almost every thrasios partner combo has a flash hulk build and I was wondering if this may be viable as vialsmasher can be an alternate wincons.  If this is a deck or could be viable what are some recommendations for cards you should run in this.  I don't want it to be cedh power level but I do want it to have a similar play pattern.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Cedh question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 05:14:21 pm »
Not sure how much this tells you, but the Vial Smasher/Thrasios partner is the 15th most popular commander/partners for Flash.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 05:24:19 pm »
Here are the cards you would want for your two different Flash piles:

Flash
Protean Hulk
Cephalid Illusionist
Nomads En-Kor
Grand Abolisher
Dread Return
Thassa's Oracle
Spellseeker
Demonic Consultation
Tainted Pact

So first off, you have more than two creatures here, so the Divergent Transformations combo is out. Second, this combo can be really fast, giving it a more proactive stance, whereas Thrasios + Vial Smasher tends to be a disruptive deck.

Third, this is the strongest combo in commander. I do not recommend it for anything other than cEDH.

If you want any more help, I'll need to see a decklist.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 06:11:25 pm »
Not sure how much this tells you, but the Vial Smasher/Thrasios partner is the 15th most popular commander/partners for Flash.

That's actually pretty sweet because I should be able to find a list that I can use as a reference to build a weaker version.