deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Maro teases Ikoira for us cooped up at home  (Read 953 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Maro teases Ikoira for us cooped up at home
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 05:17:45 pm »
Morganator is spot on about what happened with Skullclamp from what I remember.

They couldn't balance equipment early on, like it was bad. It either sucked or was too good.

Yo like some on. I totally posted that first. First the name game and now this. You guys are the older siblings I never had that keep picking on me.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 06:47:24 pm »
Now Gavin Verhey has teased some Ikoira stuff...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B999rDtHEYA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 08:50:02 pm »
Second part of Gavin's Ikoira commander teasers...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FpGvQnHrf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This space for rent.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 07:51:54 am »
I really wish they would start spoilers as a surprise now instead of another week away.

At this point, with all the vague hints and creature type combinations, they're either setting expectations way too high or going to blue ball us. I get that the Gavin posts were about the new EDH cards, but blah. I jumped the gun ahead of these teases, buying the 5 pack EDH on pre-order, and am hoping they deliver on the new cards and reprints. I really feel like this would be a good time to pump up what we're getting in the pre-cons with WOTC essentially making mad bank off the secret lairs. I'm not saying throw power 9 in, but let's have some cards that aren't regularly in the $10-$15 and under category for what gets added for reprints.

The set hype, in general, is getting pretty peak for me. I see multiple mentions of dinosaurs, a nightmare cat, AND a Nightmare Squirrel.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 02:38:54 pm »
Yea, I was hoping they'd just make spoiler season come a little sooner but no luck.

I have my hopes up high for this Commander product. More so than I have in a few years before it was spoiled, I guess we'll see if it's a let down or not. I actually have part of my Magic budget sat aside with the intent of buying a deck or two if there's one that jumps out at me.
This space for rent.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 09:09:56 pm »
I feel it's only fair to head into EDH this year with high expectations. They made it very clear that their focus is on the format this year with the 5 decks with Ikoria, 2 decks with Zendikar, Commander Legends draft set, and 2 decks with Commander Legends. That doesn't even include all the Legendaries we will see in Ikoria and the other standard sets this year.

Gavin did another video today, but it was just talking about card design and trying to create discussion. If he revealed a card today he would have been God.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.