deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Event guidelines, including changes to pre-release setup, due to pandemic  (Read 256 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/event-guidelines-and-accommodations-2020-03-11

Wizards of the Coast is recommending WPN stores pay close attention to the situation and follow the guidelines of local health authorities with regards to holding their events. For Ikoria Prereleases, stores may sell Prerelease Packs and Commander Decks for players to take home without participating in an in-store event and stores may also enroll players in at-home Prerelease events. Check with your local store for more information.

ETA- more info about what they're calling "at home pre-release events"

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/accommodation-health-uncertainties-ikoria-prerelease-and-beyond

Take-Home Prerelease Packs

For Ikoria Prerelease, we'll lift restrictions to allow stores to sell Prerelease Packs and Commander Decks for customers to take home, without participating in an in-store event.

If players do choose to take home a Prerelease Pack without participating in the main event, organizers may enroll those players in an "At-Home Prerelease" in Wizards Event Reporter so that their attendance will count toward future allocations.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:07:15 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

MonteTribal

• Decks
at-home Prerelease events.

That would be strange.
I can imagine some stores doing a large Skype even where games are played digitally. I've seen people do it between friends before, but a paper event purely online sounds wild

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
I just updated the original post to include more information on that. To me it just sounds like a way to count attendance for the stores towards future allocations of products towards events.

This space for rent.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
It sounds like WotC is permitting the sale of packs and/or prerelease kits during the prerelease event, so that individuals can go home and play with them.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
Yea so people that don’t want to stay out with everything going on can still participate.
This space for rent.