deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: deckstats.net small suggestions  (Read 3046 times)

stebobibo

• Decks
Re: deckstats.net suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 12:50:59 am »
Some other suggestions that came to me while adding cards to my collection. I wish it was easier to add cards from the database. I think that if there is only one set that card belongs to (ex. Questing beast is only in throne of eldrain), then it should fill out that for you in your collection, instead of making you do it. Also, in such cases, it should fill in its collector number as the default one (non-promo, the one u find in packs). This is probably the most annoying part about adding cards from card database. You then have to find the card on the right side, click edit, then look up the collector number, and fill it in. Otherwise, if you don't fill that out, it won't show up on the "sets" page. Also, going back to our example with questing beast. Let's say you already had two of them (standard one #171). I wish that adding another one from card database would put it in the same "pile", rather than creating a separate entry.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 03:37:48 am »
I wish that adding another one from card database would put it in the same "pile", rather than creating a separate entry.
If you want to add more than one, you can click on the card first and add any number, instead of adding them one by one...

I find that adding it in separate piles is a lot more useful; just because I have multiple instances of a card doesn’t mean they’ll all the same set...

dabeast01

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 04:03:23 pm »
1. collector_number is blank for all my cards even though they are correct name and set. This is not a field I can set on imports though so maybe that could be added?

2. Maybe I'm missing it but how do I sort by multiple columns?  I'd want to sort by type first then cmc then alpha

Thanks

EDIT:  After looking if I input the collector_number in manage collection it shows up on my export. I would think if we have card name and set there is a tie in the database that the export should pull collector_number if not manually set?

So is there a way to sort by multiple columns I'm missing?

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:40 pm »
Thank you for all of your suggestions stebobibo! I will be looking into all of these but one thing I have already added now is a "Do not group" option for decks. So you can now, for example, remove all sections from your deck and sort by price. Hope this helps :)
No problem! Thank you for listening! The "do not group" option was just what I wanted! Thanks for letting me know about it.  :)

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 11:30:07 pm »
I find that adding it in separate piles is a lot more useful; just because I have multiple instances of a card doesn’t mean they’ll all the same set...

You may have misunderstood me here. I was specifically talking about instances where there is only one set the card belongs to.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 02:02:50 am »

You may have misunderstood me here. I was specifically talking about instances where there is only one set the card belongs to.
Still, some might be foil while others aren’t, or you might have decided to also keep track of card conditions in which case a single pile isn’t nearly as useful.

If you have multiple copies, why search the card database and add the card instead of searching your collection and clicking +?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 06:51:43 pm »
stebobibo, I have just made an update to our set pages that will hopefully help with the collector number issue you describe: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,5676.msg154125.html#msg154125

Also, going back to our example with questing beast. Let's say you already had two of them (standard one #171). I wish that adding another one from card database would put it in the same "pile", rather than creating a separate entry.
The problem with this is that it's not clear what you'd do if you want to add both printings. For example you may already have a Questing Beast with #171 and now you want to add a promo Questing Beast with #372. If you go to the database and click the plus icon it would just increase the count for #171, giving you no way to make another pile of cards with #372.

There are of course ways around this and I'm thinking about a few other options, but it's not trivial.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:58:23 pm by Nils »

stebobibo

• Decks
Re: deckstats.net small suggestions
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 04:54:38 pm »
Hey Nils, I really appreciate the recent changes you've made! I realize that there are arguments to both sides on the collection manager "pile" debate, as you and Spinsane have noted. Perhaps you could make a toggle button that adds cards as non-foil and non-premium, so that if there is only one set for a card it will add it with its collector number and set and put it in the same pile as others already in your collection like that. Also, something that could be useful is to have an optional column in the card database table for "amount owned", which will show you the amount in your collection. You could use the # symbol for the column heading to keep it the same as the your collection table. Or, if this would be easier to implement, a column for "owned" that just shows you if you own at least 1 of the card (functioning similarly as the "your collection" column on the deck details page, with a checkmark if owned and a - if not). Knowing that you have a card in your collection, you can then go to the "your collection" table and add to the appropriate pile there. So what this would do is save the user the time of having to check the "your collection" table first for if they have a card, when adding cards to their collection. This feature would be useful in the scenario I mentioned below while answering Spinsane.

Spinsane said
If you have multiple copies, why search the card database and add the card instead of searching your collection and clicking +?
There are multiple reasons why searching the card database could be preferred. For instance, you got home from a chaos draft. You have no idea about whether you have most of these cards are not. You want to add all these to your collection the fastest way. It would take twice as long to first search every card to see if it's in your collection.

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 05:07:02 pm »
There appears to be a bug occurring in the "sets" pages. I first noticed this yesterday (March 15). The button for adding cards has disappeared and instead the field for entering numbers is elongated. I'm guessing that this happened since trying to improve the functionality of the plus button in the sets pages (which is a really appreciated change, btw!). I've attached a screenshot. I'm using firefox. By the way, Nils, is this the correct thread for posting bug reports?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 05:36:58 pm »
There appears to be a bug occurring in the "sets" pages. I first noticed this yesterday (March 15). The button for adding cards has disappeared and instead the field for entering numbers is elongated. I'm guessing that this happened since trying to improve the functionality of the plus button in the sets pages (which is a really appreciated change, btw!). I've attached a screenshot. I'm using firefox. By the way, Nils, is this the correct thread for posting bug reports?
Thanks for reporting that. It was indeed caused by some changes I had made yesterday. Please try again now.

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 03:43:59 am »
Works now, thanks for fixing that so soon!

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:20 pm »
A few more quick suggestions.

• When in the deckbuilder screen and you are pasting/uploading a deck, I wish there was one more option, that of adding the new cards to a new subsection (which can be called "new subsection, or whatever, until the user renames it). That way, we can keep our newly added cards seperate from the old ones.
  • When adding cards by pasting/uploading, it adds the cards in new "piles" when those cards already exist in your deck.It would be better if it put them in the same piles because it would be less cluttered and easier to look over the deck to see what's in it.
  • When looking at your deck on the details page, and you have the display set to "do not group". What happens is, if you have, say, 1 mortify card in main, and 2 in a custom section, then it displays them as seperate piles, like this: 1 mortify, 2 mortify. Instead of 3 mortify. I, and I think most people, would prefer the 1 pile method. I see no upside to having multiple piles. The downside of multiple piles is that it can mess with you when you're sorting by price, because it splits the prices up.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2020, 01:28:13 am »
The limit is now 60k characters!

I discovered a problem with this while editing a post in "Intro to cEDH". When you preview the post it will show it perfectly. But when you click the post button, it caps it at 30 000 characters... and deletes everything after it.

Good thing I keep backups of my work in that thread.

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 09:18:08 pm »
Just a quick suggestion.
When on the details page of the deck screen, there is a table/graph on the far left that says "change card grouping" under it. There is an issue with this graph, that if you have too many custom sections, the key/legend blocks out part of your decklist below. What I suggest is to make the "change card grouping" button enable toggling on/off of this key, and rename the button appropriately. Currently, the button serves no use, so it'd be the perfect solution I think.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 09:48:46 pm »
The limit is now 60k characters!

I discovered a problem with this while editing a post in "Intro to cEDH". When you preview the post it will show it perfectly. But when you click the post button, it caps it at 30 000 characters... and deletes everything after it.

Good thing I keep backups of my work in that thread.
Oh no, sorry about that! Can you please give it another try now?