deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: deckstats.net small suggestions  (Read 3066 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: deckstats.net small suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 01:04:25 am »
The limit is now 60k characters!

I discovered a problem with this while editing a post in "Intro to cEDH". When you preview the post it will show it perfectly. But when you click the post button, it caps it at 30 000 characters... and deletes everything after it.

Good thing I keep backups of my work in that thread.
Oh no, sorry about that! Can you please give it another try now?

I never got back to you about this. The post in the intro to cEDH thread worked just fine, but I have another post that exceeded the character limit again. It cuts off around 33 000 characters.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,53633.msg155554.html#msg155554

Would it be better if I just stop making super long posts?

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:44 am »
Hey Nils,
Just found a small bug. When editing a deck and you click on "update details". The ability to change "work in progress" status is not working correctly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You can click the checkbox and it works visually for checkmarking/uncheckmarking it, but it doesn't actually change the status of the deck (if you go back to update details screen the "work in progress" will be in the wrong state). The other checkbox "public box", however, has been working every time for me though.

Also I want to ask, where is the best place to post small bugs like this? It might also be a good idea to create a new thread that's stuck to the top for all small bugs. That way, users will know where to post.

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2020, 04:39:26 am »
Hey Nils,
When you download your deck and choose "for Arena", it does something funny with split cards like Connive//Concoct. It puts 3 forward slashes (///) instead of 2. Arena doesn't recognize 3 slashes, so you have to change it manually for it to accept it. All the other download options do 2 slashes, which is good.

adecker

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 08:27:21 pm »
Wondering what it would take to print proxies Not in landscape. This should change the number of cards printed per page from 8 to 9. I found Deckstats first and then moved to MTGPress.net for this reason. Now MTGPress.net is not updating their database with new sets, so I am back and just wondering if this switch would be easy or hard - as 8-proxies per page is fine, but 9/page would help everyone out.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2020, 10:20:15 pm »
Wondering what it would take to print proxies Not in landscape. This should change the number of cards printed per page from 8 to 9. I found Deckstats first and then moved to MTGPress.net for this reason. Now MTGPress.net is not updating their database with new sets, so I am back and just wondering if this switch would be easy or hard - as 8-proxies per page is fine, but 9/page would help everyone out.
You should be able to swap between portrait and landscape mode in your browser's print options. Is that option not available for you?

Hey Nils,
When you download your deck and choose "for Arena", it does something funny with split cards like Connive//Concoct. It puts 3 forward slashes (///) instead of 2. Arena doesn't recognize 3 slashes, so you have to change it manually for it to accept it. All the other download options do 2 slashes, which is good.
Is anybody still having problems with this?

adecker

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2020, 12:01:39 am »
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried some things out.
 - In Chrome (My default browser) there was not a option to change the layout (BTW - That's a weird choice Chrome developers). It did have an option for local printer interface and here I could change it; except, printing in either landscape or portrait yielded the same results of a landscape looking printout with 8-cards.
 - In Edge I had the option for both layouts and portrait, after changing margins to "narrow" could only do 6-cards unless I shrunk the cards down to 75%(next highest zoom option - again weird) and got 12-cards. See attachment
 - In IE it brought up the local printer interface immediately and could not change the margins and in portrait only got 4-cards. Then when Not using your print button IE brought up the browsers print interface and I took the margins down to .166 on all sides and went from 100% to 95%(net highest zoom option) and got 9-cards! Success!
 - In Firefox - without using your print button - I could take the margins down to .1 on all sides and by bringing the zoom to a custom level of 99%. I got 9-cards in portrait, Huzzah!

Final thoughts.
- First, Thank You, it works as you said with some extra effort and/or workaround on the user's part. I will excitedly be using your print proxy feature on Deckstats.net
- Last, It seems that unless we use Narrow margins even landscape has issues printing 8-cards consistently across browsers. For portrait, printing at 100% seems impossible unless Deckstats.net can reduce the white space between rows of card images.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2020, 01:02:43 am »
I just had another look at our proxy printing page and have made two small updates which - at least with my printer - let me reliably print 9 cards per page in portrait mode. For me this works both in Firefox and in Chrome.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it works for you? It does require printing quite close to the margins, so I'm a bit concerned some printers may cut content off now.

PHHETT

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2020, 09:25:49 am »
I want to add a small suggestion / question to this thread…. It's regarding card prices.

Is the print version taken into account at all? I added a WC99 Gaeas Cradle to one of my decks and the price that is shown seems to be correxponding to the Urzas Saga version, which is about 5 times higher. Obviously there are many more cards were the print version is a huge factor for the price.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2020, 12:09:35 pm »
Yes, the printing should be taken into account. If the price is for a different set it should be displaying a tilde (~) symbol in front of it. The only exception to this are our Miracle Games prices, as we don't have set-specific pricing data for that yet.

Is that not working right for you? What's the link to your deck?

PHHETT

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2020, 12:30:18 pm »
I actually did not know the bit with the tilde. As you said it shows for all marketplaces but Miraclegames.

adecker

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2020, 07:59:18 pm »
On my first check in Chrome browser, I used your print button and it immediately popped up portrait printing and it had 9-cards! Not sure what all you did but the results were impressive.
The options to pick layout were now there and I noticed the extra white space between the rows of cards were gone. I checked other print options and they were all at default. Which means narrow or no margins were no longer necessary - nothing should get cut-off during printing. See attachment. I even took Scale off default and made sure it was at 100% and nothing changed. Excellent and thank you!  ;D