deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: LGS closing gaming area due to events  (Read 497 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
LGS closing gaming area due to events
« on: March 20, 2020, 05:46:46 am »
So my LGS posted on their Fb page tonight that they're reducing hours, canceling events, and closing the play area until the social distancing rules are lifted (no more than 10 people) in the state.

Sucks! Right as we were about to have a really creative type of Commander league.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Wizards will take pity on us and release some spoilers for Ikoira early.

This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: LGS closing gaming area due to events
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 06:27:13 am »
Yea they shut down all "enclosed malls" as of yesterday at 5PM. Restaurants and Bars are limited to take out/delivery only. Movie theaters, gyms, bowling alleys, etc. have all been closed since like Monday.

Hell, even Wal-Mart has cut back their hours.
This space for rent.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 01:40:14 pm »
Yeah, same thing is happening over here too. It sucks but I do think it's the right thing to do. No health system in the world is strong enough to cope with this virus if it hits at full power, so we all have to do what we can to slow down the spread. If that means not playing MTG or going to restaurants for a few weeks that's a small price to pay to save thousands or even millions of lives.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 01:43:19 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand and support why they're doing it. It just stinks for those of us (all of us here) for whom Magic is our "escape from reality".
This space for rent.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:49 pm »
Yes, definitely agree with you there. I hope we can help provide a virtual alternative here.