deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Refreshing Deckstats at work  (Read 1348 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Refreshing Deckstats at work
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 10:29:05 pm »
Have I considered pub stomping on games. Well, that requires me to be good at said games. I play League of Legends, but I'm not super good at it, and I don't like just playing video games all day.

I had a great idea, spurred on by CleanBelwas. What if, using EDHRec (without using each other's lists) we build each others' decks?

For example, y'all would go and make your own lists for Ezuri, Renegade Leader; Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca; and Alesha, Who Smiles at Death.
What do we think?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:23 pm »
Oh hell yes! Some weird twist on one of my decks? Absolutely.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 11:07:59 pm »
Sounds like fun idea! I'm working tomorrow again but I'll take the challenge on the weekend.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 11:21:08 pm »
By building each others' decks, the og person might even discover some new cards that they didn't include. Also, we could play each others' decks against each other on Untap. That could get silly fast.

I'd say that we don't worry about budget, right?

CleanBelwas

• Decks

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 11:36:14 pm »
I think first we need guidelines from King Baby in terms of what he is looking for in a commander. Then I'd be happy to make sure my fiance (wait husband? Are we married yet? No one told me) has a deck building challenge laid out in front of him.

Love you so so much babe.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 05:19:07 pm »
Alright:
  • Not in green.
  • Creature based.
  • Would like it to be in blue.
  • I don't like commanders that are ridiculously easy to build (Atraxa, Praetors' Voice; Yarok, the Desecrated; Korvold, Fae-Cursed King; etc.)
  • I like commanders with enough support to make a strong deck, though. (Not too hot, not too cold)
  • I like commanders that are integral parts of their decks (yet again, Atraxa, Praetor's Voice isn't necessarily required to build a good counters deck)
  • Because I like commanders that are integral parts of their decks, I don't want a commander that costs 6+ mana because after just a couple casts, they'll never be cast again for the remainder of the game.
  • NEW: The commanders can't be omega expensive (under $10 for me) & their decks have to be doable on a minor budget (not as big of a problem).
  • NEW: I prefer decks in 2-3 colors, so I have good removal options.
  • NEW: I like decks that aren't unfun. Stuff like Yasova Dragonclaw; Marchesa, the Black Rose gets annoying for my playgroup, causing them to focus me, causing a whole unhealthy chain of events.

See what I mean, guys? It's tough out here. My current commanders fit these requirements. All 3 are 3 mana, very powerful part of their decks, have a lot of support but do require forethought, and Ezuri + Kumena means that I can't really afford to have another green deck. I would be forever indebted to whoever finds a good commander that fits within these guidelines.

P.S. Red_Wyrm, let's just say we eloped. Weddings are expensive, you know.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:37:36 pm by WizardSpartan »

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 05:34:41 pm »
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive? I dunno he seems maybe too straight forward.

I like Sen Triplets because they have a powerful ability that doesnt require a build around. Like I tried out wizard tribal and also artifacts and both are fun. But that kind of ignores your number 6.

Haakon, Stromgald Scourge is not blue, in case you couldnt tell, but definitely a unique and powerful ability that is creature based.

Guys. I'm married. I'll take your congratulations now.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 05:58:55 pm »
Alright:
  • Not in green.
  • Creature based.
  • Would like it to be in blue.
  • I don't like commanders that are ridiculously easy to build (Atraxa, Praetors' Voice; Yarok, the Desecrated; Korvold, Fae-Cursed King; etc.)
  • I like commanders with enough support to make a strong deck, though. (Not too hot, not too cold)
  • I like commanders that are integral parts of their decks (yet again, Atraxa, Praetor's Voice isn't necessarily required to build a good counters deck)
  • Because I like commanders that are integral parts of their decks, I don't want a commander that costs 6+ mana because after just a couple casts, they'll never be cast again for the remainder of the game.

Ok, I've got some ideas.

The Scarab God
Not in green - check
Creature based - check (in EDH at least)
Would like it to be in blue - check
Not too easy to build - check. Many variations for Scarab God. Zombie tribal is easiest, but certainly not the only option. Doing something much closer to his standard deck from back in the day is also a strong option. Dimir Control and ETB abuse with the reanimation effect. Milling opponents to steal their stuff is another option.
Enough support to make a strong deck - check. Zombies, strong ETBs and Mill are all plentiful in Dimir.
Integral part of the deck - check
Doesn't cost 6+ - check, plus you save on commander tax because of his last ability.

Marchesa, the Black Rose
Not in Green - check
In blue - check
Creature based - check
Not too easy to build - check. Again, loads of potential options. +1/+1 counters. Suicide. Steal and sac.
Enough support to be strong - check. Not top tier, but certainly formidable when done right
Integral part of the deck - check
Doesn't cost 6+ mana - check

The last one is a perhaps a little off on some of the points, but still potentially a good option.

Talrand, Sky Summoner
Not in Green - check
In Blue - check
Creature based - check, if you want it to be
Not too easy to build - kind of depends. A lot of people play control and use the drakes to kill after slamming down a coat of arms. That's how I built it back in the day. If you build it this way, it's kind of easy to build, but kind of challenging to pilot, which is fun in it's own way.
Enough support to be strong - check
Integral part of the deck - check if you're going the drake route, not so much if you're just combo-ing into lab man
Doesn't cost 6+ mana - check

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 06:37:43 pm »
Update, I missed a couple major points. Sorry, guys. I've added them now.
Tetsuko - Meh.
Sen Triplets - one of my added points is that the commander/deck isn't inherently expensive. Sen Triplets need lands that tap for colors outside of its color identity, and many of those lands are expensive in addition to Triplets being expensive.
Haakon - I'll definitely take a look. Only problem is there might not be enough support.
The Scarab God - Expensive, already built.
Marchesa, The Black Rose - I built this one, playtested it a few times, it seemed fun. Dunno, it just didn't click with me.
Talrand Sky Summoner - Being not noncreature based is extremely important for me. I dunno how monoblue that specifically mentions instants & sorceries can be built around creatures, but I can see where you can include some tribal synergies. Hmm.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 07:22:32 pm »
Ephara, God of the Polis: Include creatures with flash and creatures that can make tokens at instant-speed.

The Locust God: Even though it is 6 mana, it evades commander tax relatively well. Use wheel effects and other mass card draw to make a swarm of locusts to beat your enemies with.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 07:32:23 pm »
Mangara of Corondor
The shell requires flicker, bounce and untaps but beyond that you can make it a white weenies deck. It's not blue but...it's kinda blue by its nature. Sorry about the not-multicolours though.

Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest
Do an Izzet spellslinger voltron storm deck. Ditch white, just Izzet. You do have the option of going 3x Talismans and Signets, though, so it solves some of the bad ramp.

I'm looking at my old Tiny Leaders decks; those are inexpensive and the Leader is always low CMC.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:37:34 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 07:53:40 pm »
Damn dude, you're tough to please. Even the ones that check all the boxes aren't quite right. We gotta think outside the box.

Ok, hear me out.

Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun.

Checks all the boxes in colour, price, interesting, potentially strong and all that. Different enough form your existing decks to make it interesting. Embalm makes the tax a lot easier to handle.

Then you jam with some sweet token makers. Desolation Twin, that kind of thing.

Or jam with some of the excellent creatures UW have to offer and make your own tokens with helm of the host, mimic vat, quasiduplicate etc.

I've always fancied this deck but haven't got round to it yet. I think it could be way better than you might think at first.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 08:20:02 pm »
I saw Temmet once, and I'll take a closer look. Seems interesting.

Ephara, God of the Polis - Seems very interesting. I like.

I am tough to please, you're right. It's more frustrating to myself, as I'll start a deck and just stop because I'm not interested/know I won't be able to build.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 08:23:27 pm »
Nothing wrong with having high standards and knowing what you like.