deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New Feature Idea: Card Tracker  (Read 408 times)

stebobibo

• Decks
New Feature Idea: Card Tracker
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:38:43 pm »
I just had an idea for a feature that I think would work really well with this website and be very popular and useful. What I'm proposing is a "card tracking" feature that allows you to track which decks of yours contain particular cards. I think this could work being implemented into the current collection manager interface, or it could be a whole new section of the website on its own.

It's very simple how it'd work. You simply type in a card name, and you're told what deck(s) have copies of that card, and how many copies in each deck. You could also make it fancier by having it tell you exactly what version of that card are in each deck (so telling you what set, foil status, etc). Another thing to improve this feature would be the ability to search particular folders if you wanted (instead of all decks). That way, you could keep all decks you actually own in one folder, the others in another. Then, when you search, you can search in the correct folder and get only relevant results.

I think this would be especially useful for players who own less copies of card than the amount they need for all their decks (and therefore need to share between decks). This happens frequently with commander players. It can be hard to remember where to find these cards, but just knowing what decks it could possibly be in will save time in the search.

Please let me know, guys, what you think of this idea!

Nils

• Decks
Re: New Feature Idea: Card Tracker
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:46:06 pm »
Nice idea. We actually have something in this direction already - when you go to our deck search, you can tick the box for "Only show my own decks" and then search for the card you're interested in. That should show you a list of all decks that contain that card.

stebobibo

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 03:59:02 am »
Thanks, Nils for pointing that out! It would be nice if getting to that screen would be easier. Currently you have to first type something into the search, click enter, and then the "more options" button for the advanced search appears. Would be nice if it was right there on the first screen (deck screen). Also wold be great if you could implement a feature for telling you right on that screen how many of that card are in each deck (cause having to click on each deck takes a while).

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 06:09:39 pm »
Please have a look here for an update: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,56844.0.html