deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: BUGR deck ideas  (Read 719 times)

ManicReverie

• Decks
BUGR deck ideas
« on: March 23, 2020, 03:49:37 am »
Been working on building one of each colour combination for EDH. Just need a few more to build and I have what remaining builds all plotted out. All except a none White four coloured deck. I'm not too concerned over who the commander should be, mostly concerned with the overall symbiosis of the 99/98. I haven't the slightest clue what to build for it. Any suggestions?

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: BUGR deck ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 05:53:04 am »
Why not just make a Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder storm deck?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

ManicReverie

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:34:04 am »
There's not much for cascade in those colours and it's honestly a pretty boring build

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:24:14 am »
Yidris storm. If you're interested, I actually find it really fun.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ManicReverie

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:53:51 am »
Yidris Storm seems that be the go to for those colours. I've played enough storm decks though to k ow it's only fun for the person playing it. I may have to bite the bullet and go that route though. White being such a great accent to any combination that building some specially omitting it has been frustrating

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 02:36:50 pm »
If you want general goodstuff, the partner commanders are fantastic.

Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper
Kraum, Ludevic's Opus
Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
Silas Renn, Seeker Adept
Tana, the Bloodsower
Thrasios, Triton Hero
Vial Smasher the Fierce

Just pick whatever combination makes BUGR and fits your deck the most. Thrasios & Vial Smasher would be the best in general, but Vial Smasher is ~$13 and Thrasios is ~$30, so I dunno your budget limits here.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 01:30:52 pm »
Other Yidris ideas:
-Living End into a lot of cycling creatures. The deck is a bit janky honestly, but gives you a chance to play with Fluctuator.
-Wheels, Nekusar-esque. Could be incorporated into the Living End deck as a way to ditch creatures into the graveyard quicker.

Unless you go the more typical storm approach to Yidris, I find him a bit difficult to build around. I love the cascade component, but it ain't obvious building around it. On top of it, in order to trigger his cascade, you need to connect with combat damage, which implies that you need ways to protect him and get him through. At times, that can be a lot of hoops to jump through for an effect that may not yield much in a less optimized non-storm deck.

ManicReverie

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 03:35:24 am »
I ultimately decided on a "No White Hydras" build and it's shaping up to be a pretty fun deck 🤘

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 07:23:25 pm »
I ultimately decided on a "No White Hydras" build and it's shaping up to be a pretty fun deck 🤘

Sounds like an interesting and fun deck. Do you have a lost yet?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 07:00:51 am »
Vial smasher the fierce (+) kydele, chosen of kruphix is a combo i'd recommend.

One thing that i did when i first built my 4-color deck was i built a UBRG Flashback deck. River kelpie, Secrets of the dead, and burning vengeance were cards that allowed for me to add green to the color pie of the deck's flashback choices. IT's a fun way to play the deck and with your commanders (the ones above) you can cast spells from the graveyard for EXTRA damage, get card draw, and then tap kydele for TONS of mana. IT's not a playstyle that anyone will see coming and it's fun because it's not a cookie-cutter deck build. What do you think on this idea?