deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Casual] Black & Blue Corona Virus  (Letto 386 volte)

moonscollide

• Decks
[Casual] Black & Blue Corona Virus
« il: Marzo 24, 2020, 06:56:07 am »
Black & Blue Corona Virus

A cabin fever effort at creating a contageous infect proliferate deck with what is on hand.

I have untill the end of quarantine to put together a killer "corona virus" infect proliferate deck to obliterate my friends.

Please help, I have friends in desperate need of obliteration....

moonscollide

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Black & Blue Corona Virus
« Risposta #1 il: Marzo 24, 2020, 10:56:43 pm »
Ok So let me give a bit more clarity of what I am trying to do.

There is something of a 4 (or 5) way synergy I am trying to target.

Paragon of Open Graves     to give all my black Creatures +1/+1
Death Baron                      to give all my Skeletons and Zombies +1/+1 and death touch
Hand of the Praetors          to give all of my infect creatures +1/+1
then cards like Karn's Bastion, and Contagion Engine, and Inexorable Tide so I can have a number of ways to proliferate my +1 counters, and poison counters on my opponents and their creatures.

The rest of the creatures are largely zombies, skeletons, and or have infect, so that I can get almost every creature I play a +1/+1 counter from something and proliferate from there.

The last little trick is throwing in a few of Herald of Secret Streams to make my hoard of suped up infectious forces unblockable.

Then the idea is to win through quickly poisoning my opposing players and proliferating them out of existance.

I have too many cards though (newbie) and would love some viral advice.

Thanks!

Rooker

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Marzo 27, 2020, 04:58:11 pm »
There is no reason to have anything that deals normal damage to your opponents, so a lot of the cards that you threw in are actually kind of pointless:
- Sheoldred, the Whispering One
- Ghastly Conscription
- Desertion (it's pretty unlikely that your opponent is running an infect deck)
- Erebos, God of the Dead
- Open the Graves
- Lotleth Giant
- Drana's Chosen
- Phyrexian Obliterator (although I might keep him for defense if you change it to mono-black)

At this point, a lot of your more expensive cards are gone, so I'd remove:
- Caged Sun
- Thran Dynamo
- Crypt Ghast

Then, sadly, having a creature that gives other creatures +1/+1 does not count as them having +1/+1 counters, and Death Baron only boosts very few cards, so I'd remove:
- Death Baron
- Herald of Secret Streams

I have no idea what benefit this card has:
- Thran Lens

At this point, we need more ways to beef up the good cards you already have. If you have more copies, I would add more:
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Hand of the Praetors
- Necroskitter

I also would seriously consider making your deck mono-black, because blue doesn't add a ton. This would mean that you don't get to go proliferate-crazy, but it would definitely improve the deck. If you want to stay blue, though, Contentious Plan is a great budget card for your deck.

moonscollide

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Marzo 28, 2020, 01:25:33 am »
Thanks a million Rooker,

Thanks especially for cluing me in on the difference between +1/+1 and a +1/+1 counter.  I totally thought that the ++ cards I had were going to send me into proliferation overdrive, and the mana ramp cards I had were largely so I could proliferate multiple times a turn.

Back to the drawing board.

Some insight into some of the other out of the blue cards.

Thran Lens had a particular purpose. 

In my little group of guys that I play with, one has taken to playing a bunch of characters with protection from black and blue (the bulk of my collection), and then equiping them with sword of body and mind and milling me to death.  I had colorless creatures in the deck specifically to make sure I had some defenders who could block creatures with protection, and the Thran Lens was a last ditch way to level the playing field, since presumably if all permanents are colorless, then the protection ability doesn't do anything for their creatures anymore.

I also tried to keep a bit of blue in their because I have a ton of blue counterspell type spells, and a cloneing theme deck.  Figured I could build the sideboard to have some blue responses to whatever is happening on game night just in case things go south.

I have another lovely evening watching driver safety course videos to clear a traffic ticket   >:(  , so I'll probably get  anotehr deck built with your suggestions. 

Please stand by...

And thanks again.