deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: How's life?  (Read 13636 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: How's life?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2020, 04:01:55 pm »
Glad to hear you guys are doing well!

@ Morganator: Thanks! I'm trying to keep up with them as best I can. Whenever the bulk reprints are spoiled I won't be posting them I don't think.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:10:05 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2020, 05:50:28 pm »
Morg, if you don't mind me asking, what's your job?

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not revealing that. I try to be decently careful about what I post online. I know how easy it is to find people with very little information, so I try to not give away anything that people will be able to track to a location.

And yes, I do have stories about this.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:59:52 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2020, 05:58:43 pm »
That's ok! I completely understand. I was hoping it would be something like a mascot for a sports team/amusement park or something equally hilarious lol.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:11 am »
I do have stories about this.

Well, story time! We are waiting.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »
I was gonna ask, too, but considering he doesn't want to tell us (understandably) about his job, I figured telling us stories about that same subject would be off limits.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 05:27:46 pm »

Very well. I agree to make all of you super suspicious of me.

I've relatively cautious about what I put out on the internet, because I know just how easy it is to stalk someone. It's why I avoid saying anything that can tie me to a location (like my job). I know it's easy to stalk someone because I'm really good at stalking people. Sketchy right? Fortunately because I have a strong moral fiber I don't use my skill without good reason. Hence the stories...

A few years back my youngest brother went missing. He was about 12 years old at the time. He was visiting a new friend's house and was supposed to call our parents when he got there to arrange a pickup time. Him not calling in worried my parents a bit, so they asked if I could find him. All they new for sure was that his friend's name was "Jake". Not a lot to work with.

I started by browsing my brother's Facebook friends looking for a "Jake". No luck there. I checked his Instagram instead, and found that he was following someone named "Jacob" with a freakishly long last name. Probably Eastern European. Anyway, I looked up that family name in the phone book and managed to find their address. Went to that house and sure enough, my brother was there. He just forgot to call in.

To this day I still haven't told him how I found him, I only ever said "You can't hide from me." This story should show how easy it is to find someone in the age of information. I managed to find a person, in a city, just based on someone's first name. 

On a separate occasion, I found a lost phone. The picture on the lock screen was a young woman posing for the picture in some suburban area. I figured she was likely the girlfriend to whoever owned this phone. In the picture I could make out two important pieces of information; a street sign and a large maple tree in a front lawn. I went on Google maps, searched the street name, and then went into street view, looking for a maple tree. Once I found it, I could see which house the picture was taken from. I called that house (fortunately it still had a landline) and the woman in the picture picked up. The phone belonged to her step-brother. I didn't ask any more questions about this, I just arranged a meet-up at the local mall to hand over the phone. Not my business why her step-brother has a picture of her.

I later found out that this was a little excessive. A lot of phones have the "emergency dial" option which can bring up their most frequent contact and you can just call them. It's used in emergency situations if you need to know things like allergies and underlying medical conditions.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 06:53:44 pm »

Very well. I agree to make all of you super suspicious of me.

I've relatively cautious about what I put out on the internet, because I know just how easy it is to stalk someone. It's why I avoid saying anything that can tie me to a location (like my job). I know it's easy to stalk someone because I'm really good at stalking people. Sketchy right? Fortunately because I have a strong moral fiber I don't use my skill without good reason. Hence the stories...

A few years back my youngest brother went missing. He was about 12 years old at the time. He was visiting a new friend's house and was supposed to call our parents when he got there to arrange a pickup time. Him not calling in worried my parents a bit, so they asked if I could find him. All they new for sure was that his friend's name was "Jake". Not a lot to work with.

I started by browsing my brother's Facebook friends looking for a "Jake". No luck there. I checked his Instagram instead, and found that he was following someone named "Jacob" with a freakishly long last name. Probably Eastern European. Anyway, I looked up that family name in the phone book and managed to find their address. Went to that house and sure enough, my brother was there. He just forgot to call in.

To this day I still haven't told him how I found him, I only ever said "You can't hide from me." This story should show how easy it is to find someone in the age of information. I managed to find a person, in a city, just based on someone's first name. 

On a separate occasion, I found a lost phone. The picture on the lock screen was a young woman posing for the picture in some suburban area. I figured she was likely the girlfriend to whoever owned this phone. In the picture I could make out two important pieces of information; a street sign and a large maple tree in a front lawn. I went on Google maps, searched the street name, and then went into street view, looking for a maple tree. Once I found it, I could see which house the picture was taken from. I called that house (fortunately it still had a landline) and the woman in the picture picked up. The phone belonged to her step-brother. I didn't ask any more questions about this, I just arranged a meet-up at the local mall to hand over the phone. Not my business why her step-brother has a picture of her.

I later found out that this was a little excessive. A lot of phones have the "emergency dial" option which can bring up their most frequent contact and you can just call them. It's used in emergency situations if you need to know things like allergies and underlying medical conditions.
I have similar experiences. I'm just not as cautious as Morganator. Maybe I should...
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 09:17:25 pm »
I know it's easy to stalk someone because I'm really good at stalking people

Im curious, pm me all the info you know about me. That would be fun.

Anyway, I looked up that family name in the phone book and managed to find their address.

These still exist?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 12:24:29 am »
I know it's easy to stalk someone because I'm really good at stalking people

Im curious, pm me all the info you know about me. That would be fun.
Can I take a raincheck on this? I have quite a lot of things on the to-do list for Deckstats right now. I'll add it on.
  • Promote current primers
  • Judge companion competition
  • Write guide for using deck tools
  • Make Scarab God primer
  • Write Markdown guide
  • Stalk Red_Wyrm

Also, little heads-up: of all the people on this site, I think that I'm most likely to figure out a lot about yourself. You're not as careful as you might think.

Anyway, I looked up that family name in the phone book and managed to find their address.

These still exist?

Physical phone books do still exist, even though no one uses them. But I didn't use a physical phone book. A lot of cities have online phone books that you can use.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:20:41 am by Morganator 2.0 »

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 12:53:53 am »
I am below Scarab God Primer? I am offended.

And I am sure stalking me will be pretty easy. I think I've even given the name of my university away at some point on here.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 01:59:06 am »
Alright, time for me to make a new primer where Morg tells everybody who wants to exactly how much he knows about them. Kidding. Might PM him out of curiosity tho. :o

Also, why is promote current primers crossed out? Have you finished? Did you see my Kumena one (linked below ;) )? When will we have our feedback? I'm sitting at my house with absolutely nothing to do, so please, give me something. Anything. I've resorted to testing noncreature based decks, realizing it won't work for me, and feeling really bad (currently on Breya, looking promising).

Also, I'm so glad you are back, Red. The forum has slowed down without you. I have more time than ever, but people barely post anything on here.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:01:26 am by WizardSpartan »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 02:11:59 am »
Also, why is promote current primers crossed out? Have you finished? Did you see my Kumena one (linked below ;) )? When will we have our feedback? I'm sitting at my house with absolutely nothing to do, so please, give me something. Anything. I've resorted to testing noncreature based decks, realizing it won't work for me, and feeling really bad (currently on Breya, looking promising).

Crap. I knew this would happen. I'll take a moment to get to it. From what I remember it looked pretty good already.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 02:18:17 am »
 No pressure, I'm just bored and desperate for any form of social interaction ;D

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 05:59:44 am »
Also, I'm so glad you are back, Red. The forum has slowed down without you. I have more time than ever, but people barely post anything on here.

Glad to be back. Nice to know I am missed.

Life just decided to kick me in the face and then stomp it into the ground while I was down. Luckily he has eased up just a tad as I enter finals week, which started Monday. We shall see what is next.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2020, 08:27:57 pm »
Morgy, have you been going back and editing that list as you make progress on it?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red