deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Questionable Balan Voltron - Comments  (Lida 494 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Questionable Balan Voltron - Comments
« em: Março 26, 2020, 10:42:27 am »
Questionable Balan Voltron

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

akhup1

• Decks
Re: Questionable Balan Voltron - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Março 26, 2020, 10:42:27 am »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Wrath of God
+1 The Wanderer

Jaxott

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Março 26, 2020, 01:08:56 pm »
hi,
just took a quick overview but my suggestions so far:
i dont see any value from evolving wilds in mono white (expedition map might be an addition if u really want a land ?)
if u really own the majority of cards u included u can build much stronger decks, feels kinda wasted on this commander (but just my 2 pence)
maybe sram would be a better commander, since he includes a draw engine, feels good in mono white for me
the wanderer might be kinda useless, maybe ghostly prison or smth like this (i think somehwere is on deckstats are really nice lists for stax staples)
open the armory might be worth looking, although enlightend tutor
generous gift in swords to ploughshares might be suefull single removals
bygone bishop seems kinda useless, he has 3 targets in the deck?
ulamog and blighsteel are cool but in mono white maybe a bit slow?
pearl medalion doenst really help u with ur artifacts, maybe something that makes them cheaper could be bit more usefull?
there are nice artifact ramps u might include (wayfarers bauble, solemn simulacrum, burnished hart
skull clamp is nice but how u use it to draw cards?
the shrine of nykthos seems not to usefull cuz ur devotion to white might be pretty low
finally please dont get me wrong, i like mono white pretty much, just wanted to help u a bit

akhup1

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Março 26, 2020, 01:17:05 pm »
Evolving wilds is the wrong card, I forgot the name. What's that land that enters tapped, and you can sac it to out 2 lands tapped on the field?
I own no cards, this is a proxy deck. I never take budget into account, because I own no cards.
Sram is there for utility, I prefer Balan because it's 1W to equip all equipment onto him.
Ghostly Prison is useful.
Open the Armory is good, I agree.
Generous Gift is useless to me because I don't want my opponents getting creatures.
Bygone Bishop is probably useless.
Ulamog is there to reset the graveyard.
Pearl Medallion is there to make my white spells cheaper, also to reduce commander tax to 1 every time and not 2.
Skullclamp on Balan is good.
Shrine of Nykthos is useful because I have a lot of white things.

0zbozz

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Março 26, 2020, 01:18:13 pm »

akhup1

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Março 26, 2020, 01:20:28 pm »
Thanks

akhup1

• Decks

Jaxott

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Março 26, 2020, 01:58:38 pm »
hey mate,
i see your point with creatures, bt it can remove any perment (like moat, magus of the moat, ghostly prison, propaganda, dictate of erebos etc) there a ton of keypieces in commander that are worth to exchange for a 3/3 elepphant you can just trample over with your commander (i meant you got literally all swords who cares a damned 3/3 elephant :D )
the pearl medalion reduces the tax just by one, when your commander dies secon or 3 third time, tax still goes up to 3,5,7 i dont think it is a bad card in the deck, there are just more usefull cards for the slot
you might exchange ulamog for suntitan, bringing back your stuff to the battlefield at instant speed?
enlightend tutor would be great, searching for equip and stax pieces
u might exchange temple bell with endless atals, it does the same but just for you
i dont see the value of skull clamp on your commander, cuz normally u use it for drawing cards, sacking tokens or stuff, but i might oversee smth
loxodon warhammer might be nice in this deck
not sure if you know edhrec but might be usefull for you to get an quick overview of cards for themes or commander (https://edhrec.com/themes/equipment )
i really like the idea of your deck (mono white voltron is pretty cool :D)

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Março 26, 2020, 02:16:09 pm »
I feel you are over-committing on the equipment. If Balan gets removed too much, all those equipment draws are not going to do much.  Just make sure you have good equipment that can get Balan up to Commander damage level fast enough. Don't waste resources slowly building him up as that'll give your opponents more time to find ways to deal with him.

I would also add some other creatures that synergize with equipment in case Balan becomes too. You want some redundancy in your deck if plan A gets disrupted. Armory Automaton, Puresteel Paladin, Stoneforge Mystic and Kor Duelist are creatures I'd consider including. Aerial Responder is another good cheaper creature to have equipped.

I'd also add Grand Abolisher. When you have the right equipment in play and it's time to alpha strike, Grand Abolisher can make sure you ca proceed uninterrupted.

39 lands is too much. You can cut 1 maybe even 2. I'd find room for Ancient Tomb.

akhup1

• Decks