deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Opinions on Mystery Boosters  (Gelesen 534 mal)

Lux_a_Ducks

• What balance?
  • Decks
Opinions on Mystery Boosters
« am: März 27, 2020, 07:49:56 Vormittag »
I'm not all that active on the forums, I mainly use the Deckbuilder when it comes to this site. I think it's a phenomenal tool. Regardless I wanted to hear everyone's opinion when it comes to the Mystery Booster Box/Packs. Many commander players at my LGS thought is was an amazing product when it came to reprints while the draft players thought it was a lackluster "Chaos Draft" that WOTC printed to fill their pockets. I'm personally mixed when it comes to it. While it was full of much needed reprints I feel like it was only printed to fill the shoes of a Masters set.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Opinions on Mystery Boosters
« Antwort #1 am: März 27, 2020, 09:11:48 Vormittag »
I personally found it to be an excellent product. My two favourite ways to play magic are Commander and Draft and I think it succeeded on both counts.

My friends and I drafted a box (back when we were still allowed to go outside) and it was easily in my top 3 favourite drafts I've ever done, maybe even number 1.

The reprints available are excellent and that definitely added to the excitement, but we all found the balance of cards to be great too. It felt like Chaos Draft, only the decks we made at the end of it weren't terrible messes. There was definitely synergy and cohesion in there, and there were definitely a number of potential explorable strategies and archetypes available.

And at the end of it, we all had a bunch of great commander cards to stick in our decks.

I'm personally a huge fan of the product. I thought it did a great job in all regards.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: März 27, 2020, 02:34:57 Nachmittag »
The only comment I can make on it is that myself and my friend felt as though we got our money's worth (we split a box). He pulled a Mana Crypt and I pulled a Bloom Tender along with some other good trade fodder.
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #3 am: März 27, 2020, 03:21:55 Nachmittag »
Honestly, I loved it. Even if it only provided reprints (and wasn't a good draft set), it is providing fantastic reprints and is tanking their price majorly. A lot of cards that were previously outside my price range are now in the single digits, opening up new commander decks, new inclusions, etc. For example, I just grabbed a Mystery Booster Meren of Clan Nel Toth for ~$5, while all her other versions are ~$16. Major difference. I absolutely love it and I hope it's an indicator of how well Wizards will be handling all the Commander products being released later into this year.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: März 27, 2020, 03:26:39 Nachmittag »
I'm a bit OCD about having the original versions of each card in all of my decks so ultimately, this product is not for me, but I think the reprints were well chosen and I'm for anything that decreases the overall price of singles. Anything that takes a stab at the MtG finance community is good with me.

However, I still feel that WotC needs to pump the breaks a bit with this excessive schedule of new releases. I've been building less and less decks as I feel that sets come and go so fast that I no longer have the proper time to appreciate new legendary creatures and figure out their full potential. I've had to consciously stop caring about new releases to not get wrapped up in this fast food consumer frenzy of new release after new release. The weight of Hasbro's voracious need for increased profits and sales is starting to feel like a yoke I want off of my shoulders.

This year may be a turning point for me regarding my financial commitment to this game. I will always love this game as it, along with DnD and Vampire: the Dark Ages, were instrumental in the formation and longevity of my greatest friendships. This has been week two of social distancing and my first week off of work and as things slow down to a grinding halt, it has put some things into perspective for me.
« Letzte Änderung: März 27, 2020, 03:54:03 Nachmittag von Marshstepper78 »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #5 am: März 27, 2020, 04:27:15 Nachmittag »
I like Mystery Booster. I went to the launch day draft, literally 4 days before quarantine kicked in. I easily made 5 times as much money from trade-ins.