deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Five Color Mana Base Copy to Premake your Mana Base - Comments  (Read 265 times)

Comment Bot

The Five Color Mana Base Copy to Premake your Mana Base

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: The Five Color Mana Base Copy to Premake your Mana Base - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 04:04:26 pm »
Any reason why you run 3 of each basic over other duals like pain lands, fast lands, check lands, or battle lands? Also, why no any-color lands like Command Tower, Mana Confluence, City of Brass, etc...?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

gumquat

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:24:03 pm »
I didn't run the OG duals because most people cannot afford to throw 1.5k at their mana base alone.
Command tower is great! But I think more people are gravitating towards a Prismatic Vista or a Fabled Passage right now, just for thinning purposes.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 07:45:02 pm »
Sure, but none of the duals I listed cost more than $10. If you're dropping ~$70 on a Scalding Tarn, why would you skimp on the other lands? Also, what do you mean, people are gravitating towards Prismatic Vista? I have yet to see a multicolored deck not run Command Tower because there's really no good reason not to. It doesn't prevent you from playing Prismatic Vista, but it is an any-color land that comes in untapped with no downside. Any-color lands are especially important in rainbow decks. Quite a few 5-color decks won't run basics or will run one of each. I'm still not sure I understand your reasoning.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:30:39 pm »
Yeahhh, I'm gonna go with Slyvester here. There isn't a single 5 color deck that doesn't run Command Tower. Also, contrary to popular belief, 1 Prismatic Vista won't thin your deck enough to be worth it over an unconditionally untapped 5 color land. It takes lots of fetches to thin your deck to the point it's actually noticable. Also, as you are running fetches + shocks, checklands are fantastic here. They should definitely be added in, and they don't kill your wallet. I also think painlands should definitely deserve an inclusion, but that can be disputed a little bit, unlike Command Tower and the shocks. If a player looking to use your mana base can afford the Scalding Tarn, then they likely will be able afford Mana Confluence & City of Brass, two more lands that more than deserve inclusions in 5 color decks. Honestly, just running 10 shocks, 10 fetches, 10 checks, Command Tower, Mana Confluence, City of Brass, and 1 of each basic is probably all you need mana base-wise (at least at this budget level).

Tell me what you think!

gumquat

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:57:00 pm »
Noted, and made the changes. Thank you!