deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ikoria Spoilers  (Read 7529 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Ikoria Spoilers
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2020, 12:24:42 am »
Yep, fetchable tricycles. I like these.
This space for rent.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2020, 01:08:14 am »
What the actual fuck were wizards thinking with Kinnan? He's just a (much, MUCH) better Mayael the Anima. He's like the bastard offspring of Mayael, Thrasios, and Mirari's Wake. AND he's in simic?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2020, 01:20:29 am »
Now let's just hope they are as cheap as the previous tricolor lands. The basic land types are definitely nice, even outside of green decks. Knight of the White Orchid, Boreas Charger, and checklands immediately come to mind, in addition to the Castles from Eldraine.

The big question now is whether or not to run both in Alesha. I might just take out the Temples for 2 basics and a 2nd tricycle.

Slyvester, honestly, I was a little slow on the uptake, but I'm realizing just how broken he is. Wow. I think Mayael has better fatties, though. Naya has dinos, etc. while Kinnan only has big green dudes. Still, theres definitely a lot more upside.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2020, 01:22:03 am »
What do you think the ballpark of that land cycle will run each? Seeing as they have three basic types they're super fetchable, but does the entering tapped keep them low on the list of lands to fetch up in more competitive formats? I know the EDH demand will be there and standard possibly.

Is it too cynical to say these should have been in the pre-cons and the standard set see a seperate new land cycle? These just scream at wanting players to buy packs to get these for the pre-cons releasing side by side. I would have honestly expected a double dip of each getting a unique cycle instead. 
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2020, 01:31:10 am »
I feel like WoTC definitely should have put them in their commander decks. This year's precon decks are all about the wedges, and these are fantastic additions for wedge decks.

I don't think they will be played that much in Standard (they can't be fetched off of Fabled Passage) but with the Shocklands rotating out this fall, they might be? Depends which will win out, Temples or Tricycles.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2020, 01:39:55 am »
They'll definitely see play in EDH, but probably not in tuned decks. Being fetchable and having cycling make them a hell of a lot better than the shard lands, but coming in tapped means they're probably not good enough in tuned decks.

EDIT: Also, while Mayael might have more interesting fatties, I wouldn't really say better. Green lets you run with things like Aggressive Mammoth, Impervious Greatwurm, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Nyxbloom Ancient, Blightsteel Colossus, etc... And blue gives a crazy amount of value. Being able to easily draw cards and having Kinnan's ability be a repeatable activation are crazy. Mayael runs things like Illusionist's Bracers and Seedborn Muse just to get multiple activations.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:45:20 am by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2020, 08:36:49 am »
Another rare land spoiled. Stompy likes. It should see play in standard and basically goes into any green EDH deck.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:42:27 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2020, 02:05:56 pm »
Am I the only one that likes the "regular" art better than the Godzilla series art on the lands?

Now let's just hope they are as cheap as the previous tricolor lands.

Already seeing them presale anywhere from $10 to $17, granted that price will likely drop after release.

The Khans ones were never more than $1 from what I remember.

ETA- today should be the bulk dump of reprints & the unexciting commons & uncommons, I’ll try to pick through and post any new cards but no promises that I won’t miss any.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:19:58 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »
Am I the only one that likes the "regular" art better than the Godzilla series art on the lands?

You aren't alone there.  Not a fan of this alt art style... at least on a Magic card.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2020, 04:22:49 pm »
I like the alternate artwork for the lands.  But I'm a fan of the more "cartoon-y" looking artwork.

As for price ... The Khans block tri-lands were Uncommons.  These are rare.  Rare lands in Standard always have a high price tag.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2020, 04:30:43 pm »

This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2020, 04:33:21 pm »
Well, Yorian is a no go in commander, then. Battle of Wits likes this card, thoughl.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2020, 04:45:50 pm »

This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks