deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Silvar & Tryn | Aristocrats & Human Tribal  (Read 351 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Silvar & Tryn | Aristocrats & Human Tribal
« on: April 05, 2020, 08:34:16 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/120669/1602319-silvar-devourer-of-the-free-tr?revision=0

My first throw together of the new Mardu partner commanders from C20. It's looking solid already, even without the entirety of each deck being spoiled. I think this will definitely be a fun deck, and, depending on how the Mardu humans precon looks, they might be even better than the face commander!

GabrielSC319

• Decks
Re: Silvar & Tryn | Aristocrats & Human Tribal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:54:12 am »
Don't run these commanders. They're crap.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 01:00:02 am »
Don't run these commanders. They're crap.
Lol considering nobody even owns these cards yet & they were spoiled only a couple days ago, that seems to be an extreme feeling towards them. Any reason why you dislike them so much?

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:13:11 pm »
I like these commander's, they feel like I wanted my Edgar deck to be! I am definitely building these, have you realised that Gerrard, weatherlight captain goes infinite with sylva?

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 03:03:28 pm »
I assume you're talking about Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero & Silvar, Devourer of the Free when you reference Gerrard, Weatherlight Captain & Sylva?

If so, I'm not seeing any infinite combo. Would you mind explaining it to me?

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 03:29:19 pm »
You would need another human in the field, sac the human get a +1/+1 on silvar, then sac Gerrard, his replacement effect means he is exiled but brings himself and the sacced human back, then you do it again, and again

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 03:55:46 pm »
I'm not 100% on the rulings, but I don't think Gerrard would bring himself back. He would need another card, like Loyal Retainers, to bring him back. The wording on his ability is weird, but if you don't use another card to bring himself back, he would exile himself before his ability would bring back the other sacced creature.

MagicPlayer1080

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »
It sticks that I missed that! Damn, still a good addition, but no infinite combo  :(

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 04:11:08 pm »
Yeah, I didn't really like them, so I won't be keeping the list updated. They're cool though, hope you enjoy them! Gerrard is still definitely a strong include.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 04:48:59 pm »
It sticks that I missed that! Damn, still a good addition, but no infinite combo  :(
Unfortunately, no, there's definitely no infinite loop there. By the time Gerrard returns cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, he no longer is in your graveyard to be brought back (he's in the exile zone)...