deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Section for Primers  (Read 303 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Section for Primers
« on: April 09, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »
Hey guys, I want to talk about primers again. I've been looking on MTGNexus, and it seems they have a pretty nice process in terms of primers, albeit a little strict to me. I think it would be cool if we could make a subforum (or whatever it's called :P ) and put all the primers in there. Once a mod has taken a look to make sure new ones are legit, maybe add a tag of some sort as a "seal of approval." Because of how the couple primers we have are set up, most of the changes are done by editing posts, etc. which don't bump them to the top. Rather than having aspiring Aristocrats players slog through pages of Commander threads, they could just go to the primer subforum and check to see if there's one there.

Tell me what you think, guys!

Nils

• Decks
Re: Section for Primers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:37:27 am »
Yes, that's exactly what I was planning to do but hadn't gotten round to it yet. :)

I have now created two forums: a Primers forum where "approved" primers will be listed and a New Primers forum where people can post their newly written primers. Please feel free to try it out!

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/board,29.0.html

By the way, one trick that will be helpful: If you add #show_description to your deck link it will show the deck's description text directly inside the post. I haven't announced this because I haven't tested it extensively yet but it should work. The only thing it doesn't support is collapsible sections, so they will all show up expanded at the moment.

For example:

https://deckstats.net/decks/120669/1481006-75-competitive-ezuri-elves/en#show_description

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:07:33 am by Nils »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Section for Primers
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 01:34:59 am »
Nice! I like it, especially once the collapsible sections are supported.

How/when will you mods be approving primers?