deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Draconic Flickerburn  (Read 1256 times)

shadowultd

• Decks
[Modern] Draconic Flickerburn
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:29:17 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/14650/1610754-draconic-flickerburn

A blue-red variant of a deck I made ages ago. The idea behind the deck has remained the same, just with a new coat of paint. That being to get Dragon Tempest or Scourge of Valkas in play then flicker/blink my creatures to abuse the ETB abilities to burn my opponent to death. Failing that the deck should function as a decent aggro deck at the very least.

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Draconic Flickerburn
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 03:29:42 pm »

Axioma

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 05:28:03 pm »
I like the idea, but I thnk you have a lot of high costed dragons (I know: they are dragons). You could focus on the low cmc dragons, adding more Sumbering Dragon and Sprite Dragon to make the flickers more consistent and efecctive with Ozolith. Taking out Sarkhan the Masterless and 1 Glorybringer to this could work.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 06:41:29 pm »
I like the idea, but I thnk you have a lot of high costed dragons (I know: they are dragons). You could focus on the low cmc dragons, adding more Sumbering Dragon and Sprite Dragon to make the flickers more consistent and efecctive with Ozolith. Taking out Sarkhan the Masterless and 1 Glorybringer to this could work.

Problem with that is there are only 5 cmc <=3 dragons in the game (the ones I'm not using being Dragon egg and Sarkhan's Whelp) and the cmc =4 are hit and miss. I could add Adaptive Automaton and I may do so down the line. I agree with using Slumbering Dragon for better blink consistency but he does so little else. Sprite dragon is pretty cool but loosing all its counters if you don't have Ozolith feels pretty bad. He may go to 4 at somepoint.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:04 pm »
Lowered the mana curve a little and added in a mana rock/draw engine

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-2 Sarkhan the Masterless

Changed amounts:
+1 Dragon's Hoard
+1 Scourge of Valkas

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 12:17:07 am »
Made further curve changes.

Changed amounts:

-1 Scourge of Valkas
+1 Island

StevenOs

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 07:36:54 pm »
Interesting use for the Adaptive Automation and Mimic.  I hadn't even thought/considered them for a dragon deck I was doing for "fun" that has many of the same cards.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »
Interesting use for the Adaptive Automation and Mimic.  I hadn't even thought/considered them for a dragon deck I was doing for "fun" that has many of the same cards.

I find them to be quite useful omni-lords :D

StevenOs

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 01:27:00 am »

No doubt.  They don't show up on searches but when it comes to Dragons they fit into that weak spot on the mana curve.  The Slumbering Dragon could be an early attack deterrent and fuel for things like Dragon Tempest but you can't really count on getting them attacking; although I guess the Sprite/Ozolith combo could get it some more counters.  You're right about the other spots being terribly weak until you start looking at 4 drops where I believe you have a few choices granted you are have the easiest one of those.

Had you considered the Dragonlord's Servant as a way to reduce the cost of those dragons?

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 04:43:04 pm »

No doubt.  They don't show up on searches but when it comes to Dragons they fit into that weak spot on the mana curve.  The Slumbering Dragon could be an early attack deterrent and fuel for things like Dragon Tempest but you can't really count on getting them attacking; although I guess the Sprite/Ozolith combo could get it some more counters.  You're right about the other spots being terribly weak until you start looking at 4 drops where I believe you have a few choices granted you are have the easiest one of those.

Had you considered the Dragonlord's Servant as a way to reduce the cost of those dragons?

Slumbering dragon doesn't get to do much as an attacker but he's more there for the Dragon Tempest + Ghostly Flicker combo. Also dumping a bunch of counters on him via The Ozolith is always an option. I kinda forgot about Dragonlord's Servant. He's in my other version of this deck and does ok but you nearly want to be casting any other 2 drop rather than him if given the choice.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 08:52:55 pm »

Revision 7

Added/removed cards:
+2 Mutavault

Changed amounts:
-1 Island
-1 Mountain
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:37:33 pm by shadowultd »

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 01:21:19 am »
Had too many Ozolith

Revision 8

Changed amounts:
+1 Sprite Dragon
-1 The Ozolith

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 01:58:18 pm »
Trying out Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge for better better damage.

Revision 9

Added/removed cards:
-2 Dragon Hatchling
+2 Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2020, 01:49:55 pm »
Gadrak wasn't working out so I replaced him

Revision 10

Added/removed cards:
-2 Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge
+2 Shapesharer

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2023, 06:52:49 pm »
Just updating one of my older but fun decks.

Revision 13

Added/removed cards:
+2 Manaform Hellkite

Changed amounts:
-2 Thunderbreak Regent