deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zirda, the Dawnwaker: Boros cEDH  (Read 593 times)

Cardinal_T_R_K

• Building fun and interesting deck lists alike
  • Decks
Zirda, the Dawnwaker: Boros cEDH
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:37:02 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/136764/1615262-foxtrot-charlie-fox-combo-

Ikoria had no shortage of interesting and powerful cards to add into the format we know as Commander. Zirda is of course no exception. Reducing the activated abilities of all permanents you control is an extremely potent effect not to mention unique in comparison to similar effects that only apply to creatures (i.e. heartstone, training grounds, etc). However boros colors are notoriously weak in commander by comparison to most color combos which begs the question of Zirda's true potential in the throes of cEDH. Here is my proposed deck list focused on generating infinite mana with grim or basalt monolith and pumping the mana into walking ballista or aurelia's fury/fireball/comet storm. around this combo is a stax shell to help protect the combo and hinder our opponents while we assemble our win. In only needing to search your deck for one to two cards to generate a win shows real potential but what are your thoughts and suggestions?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Zirda, the Dawnwaker: Boros cEDH
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:28:51 pm »
The only thing I can think to add is Reforge the Soul. Have you thought about using Zirda as a companion to some other commander like Kenrith?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 05:35:03 pm »
Zirda is helpful for most equipment.  You already have Arcane Encyclopedia for repeatable 1 Mana card Draw.  Arcum's Whistle would be great for making an annoying creature have to attack or drain opponent's Mana reserve.  Barl's Cage makes it cheap to lock down tapped creatures.  Birthing Boughs gives you token generation.  Cellar door becomes one Mana to kill from the bottom of their deck with a chance for zombie tokens.  And have you considered Chaos Wand?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 06:20:00 pm »
Avenger en-Dal means you can punish opponents attacking tou by paying one white Mana and discarding a card to exile a creature.  Blaring Recruiter becomes busted token generation.  Nearly anything with Level Up becomes much cheaper to grow.  I am surprised you didn't already put in Dawn of HopeEight-and-a-Half Tails is a creature with impressive defensive potential, as is Eldrazi DisplacerGerrard's Battle Cry quickly becomes a finisher.  Glory would be awesome protection if in your graveyard.  Zirda has a lot of options in Commander to emphasize different play styles...

Cardinal_T_R_K

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 01:38:26 am »
Morganator 2.0 - Reforge the soul doesn't seem like a bad idea. I was trying to keep the curve as low as possible with the vast majority of the deck being 4 cmc or less but i was pondering more card draw outlets. Reforge slipped my mind in this thought process. Also I did consider the companion aspect of zirda and kenrith would make a good stand in for this, however I chose zirda as the commander to have a more reliable access to the card as opposed to having to restructure the whole deck to suit its specific needs and only having one chance to cast it.

Cardinal_T_R_K

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 01:42:56 am »
Firegriff - It seems I continue to forget the capabilities of zirda as equipment slipped my mind as a viable strategy. eldrazi displacer and eight-and-a-half tails both seem like solid suggestions as well. However I am pursuing a more competitive structure for the deck as opposed to innate value. Granted your suggestions do give me some fun ideas for an alternate list for this deck.

Cardinal_T_R_K

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 01:47:24 am »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Sunforger
+1 Reforge the Soul

Cardinal_T_R_K

• Decks