deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dragons - Comments  (Read 130 times)

Comment Bot

Dragons - Comments
« on: April 18, 2020, 05:16:10 am »
Dragons

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

KBL.02

• Decks
Re: Dragons - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 05:16:10 am »
You should try adding Door of Destinies or Crucible of Fire. They'd both help a lot in getting your dragons big.

StevenOs

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 05:31:00 am »
That may be but when it comes to dragons just getting them BIG isn't always enough especially if you're delaying when you get them.  Four drops are when you just start getting into dragons who might actually fight and if you can get the "comes into play" utility and other synergies going I'm not sure you have time.  I'll admit that for a Modern format (this is really more of a "fun" deck than anything I'd expect to win a cut-throat competition with) the 3 toughness of many of my creatures isn't enough to save them from Lightning Bolts that probably should be expected but with a threat of Haste a 4/4 flier might be fast enough.  If not there's the "go wide" option of 5/5 tokens.  Did get a Crucible if I want to try this.

Recently saw a couple artifact creatures that can be cheap "dragons" and provide a boost to them if I look at enhancing the dragons.

If I'm going to improve on this I'm wondering if I should throw in a set of Talisman of Impulse (or another red talisman) to provide more ramp that wouldn't be subject to creature removal like the Servants are.  Of course taking out a servant just slows the dragons down but is less removal for them.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 09:27:20 pm »
Sarkhan Vol in place of Sarkhan the Masterless, I'd recommend. Crucible of Fire is also not bad. You, sorry,* can also consider like myself: going to some Jund perhaps? Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Rivaz of the Claw and Darigaaz Reincarnated aren't bad. I also play 1 of a Dragon. I'd hugely recommend Utvara Hellkite and Balefire Dragon, but probably you've omitted them for budget reasons. Fine deck otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 01:21:41 am by Elan Morin Tedronai »