deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vialent Ogre Smasher  (Read 756 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Vialent Ogre Smasher
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:51:34 pm »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Vialent Ogre Smasher
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:56:04 pm »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
+1 Grim Tutor

Changed amounts:
-1 Swamp

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 08:17:03 am »
Another thing you could add to the deck is havoc festival. Nothing says raw damage like Lose half your life AND you can't gain life. IT's a great way to control the table if you're staring down any Oloro, Ageless ascetic decks. Also you could add Torgaar, famine incarnate because no matter what a person's life total is their health will be reduced to 20 when he ETBs. What do you think of these suggestions?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 01:40:04 pm »
Another thing you could add to the deck is havoc festival. Nothing says raw damage like Lose half your life AND you can't gain life. IT's a great way to control the table if you're staring down any Oloro, Ageless ascetic decks. Also you could add Torgaar, famine incarnate because no matter what a person's life total is their health will be reduced to 20 when he ETBs. What do you think of these suggestions?

Thanks Moto but I am using a companion that requires only spells with odd mana costs. So while those suggestions are good they are even mana costs and can't be used with the companion

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 07:16:32 am »
Ok i understand that. So you'd probably wanna focus on 3, 5, 7 at the most CMC and X-spells. I gotcha.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 02:39:07 pm »

Revision 6

Added/removed cards:
-1 Last One Standing
+1 Reforge the Soul
+1 Stolen Strategy

Changed amounts:
-2 Swamp

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 06:00:34 am »
I have a suggestion for you if you'd be willing to try it. Ravos, Soultender is an odd CMC partner that would allow you access to white in this deck making it mardu colors and also still remaining true to your odd cmc restriction. This way you can run cards such as the blessed sanctuary and tajic, legion's edge. This way you can throw the damage around and none of it comes back at you or your board state of creatures. I offer this as an idea if you'd like to attempt to take the deck in a different direction. If not then you could try adding volcanic vision, volcanic fallout and pestilent spirit. This way your burn spells are sure to remove creatures and they can carry double the work.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 02:18:59 pm »
I have a suggestion for you if you'd be willing to try it. Ravos, Soultender is an odd CMC partner that would allow you access to white in this deck making it mardu colors and also still remaining true to your odd cmc restriction. This way you can run cards such as the blessed sanctuary and tajic, legion's edge. This way you can throw the damage around and none of it comes back at you or your board state of creatures. I offer this as an idea if you'd like to attempt to take the deck in a different direction. If not then you could try adding volcanic vision, volcanic fallout and pestilent spirit. This way your burn spells are sure to remove creatures and they can carry double the work.

I actually like this idea. It would surprise my playgroups because of my playstyle of damn the consequences even if it does things to me as well. This idea of yours would surprise them because it would switch gears. I have some of these cards and would definately open things up in the other colors :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 04:23:06 pm »
I'm glad that my idea was able to inspire you. Also if you get blasphemous act down to one mana it becomes an odd cmc spell. That;s pretty dirty dealing 26 damage to each creature on the board and your board being untouched with tajic and even running pariah on another creature at the same time means that your life total becomes safe, the enchanted creature won't die and if the creature does die then Ravos will bring him right back later.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 12:41:20 am »
Thanks again moto. Why I like your idea is when I use Heartless Hidetsugu and if I have Blessed Sanctuary on the field with any of my damage doubles. I will take no damage while my opponents either die or go to 1 life. Plenty of white sources that prevent damage as well such as Burrenton Forge-Tender, Auriok Replica, Glacial Chasm, Ethereal Haze, Personal Sanctuary, Prismatic Strands, Protective Sphere, Riot Control , Endure ,Safe Passage,and Pay No Heed.  So I think I will put in Ravos with a splash of white...

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 08:27:44 am »
Then let that directed chaos commence then!!!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 07:12:35 pm »

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 07:30:07 pm »
This deck looks...painful. Fire, death, and destruction everywhere! I have never, not even once, thought about using Obosh with Vial Smasher. Very interesting!
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 03:17:45 pm »

Revision 9

Added/removed cards:
-1 Whispersilk Cloak
+1 Jeska's Will