deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: My First CEDH deck! Prossh food chain  (Lida 480 vezes)

Rinzler

• Decks
My First CEDH deck! Prossh food chain
« em: Abril 23, 2020, 04:21:08 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/146412/1621614-cedh-prossh-food-chain

This is my prossh deck I made a few days ago.  I looked a bunch of lists and primers, and this is the list I have.  This is my first, and idk if I'm doing it right.  I goldfished this a lot and it seems pretty fast, and I can set up food chain most of the time quickly, but every once in a while I have food chain out and infinite creature mana and kobolds, but then I get stuck there and I can't do anything.  Should I just add more tutors?  Anyways, could y'all take a look at it and give me some feedback?  Thanks!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: My First CEDH deck! Prossh food chain
« Responder #1 em: Abril 23, 2020, 05:45:28 pm »
This is a good start, but needs a little fixing.

The issue with Prossh Food Chain has always been finding an outlet. Once you have infinite mana, you need a way to win. Your idea of adding more tutors will absolutely help. More card draw will help too. But there is another option; switch commanders.

Korvold, Fae-Cursed King is the Food Chain commander that has pretty much replaced Prossh. Korvold can draw you into an outlet, and you also get a lot of easy value off of Korvold.

Think over it a bit. Decide if you would rather play Korvold or Prossh, and they we can work on the decklist.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Abril 23, 2020, 06:10:05 pm »
Hmm, that is true.  Wouldn't Korvold need a creature to do that, though?  That adds some more things to look up since he can't go infinite on his own, and then you need a sac outlet as well, which seems too much to assemble.  Could you tell me more about how Korvold works? Another reason I'm reluctant to switch is that I already have a casual Korvold deck, but if you can try to convince me, I could switch.  For now though, I'm leaning towards Prossh.
« Última modificação: Abril 23, 2020, 07:43:26 pm por Rinzler »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #3 em: Abril 23, 2020, 10:35:43 pm »
The Korvold combo uses Food Chain with Squee, the Immortal to make infinite mana. Then with Squee on the battlefield, cast Korvold and sacrifice Squee to draw a card. Recast Squee from graveyard. Exile Korvold to the command zone using Food Chain, and then the loop repeats. This way, you draw your entire deck to look for the outlet.

With the Prossh combo, you need to dedicate a bunch of card slots to finishers. These cards are for the most part useless outside of the combo turn, which is why they are often refered to as dead cards. In your deck, you've dedicated 9 slots to finishers, which is about 8 dead cards (Goblin Bombardment is the only one with good utility outside of the combo turn). Because you can draw your entire deck with Korvold, you can effectively eliminate all of the dead cards from this list, freeing up more space for combo cards, including a back-up combo that doesn't work with Prossh.

You may be worried about not being able to find Squee, but it's actually really easy to get him in exile, thanks to Demonic Consultation, Tainted Pact, and Plunge Into Darkness. These cards can easily get you Food Chain, and exile Squee in the process.

The backup combo uses Dockside Extortionist and Temur Sabertooth to generate infinite mana. Cast Korvold, and then keep sacrificing the treasure tokens to draw your deck and win.

Furthermore, Korvold offers incredible value that Prossh just doesn't provide. Even using a fetch land will draw you a card with Korvold, making him immensely useful outside of just the combo.

In summary, Korvold uses less dead cards, has a back-up combo, and provides an easily accessible source of card advantage. This makes him an all-around more consistent and stronger combo deck than Prossh, who provides none of these things.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Abril 23, 2020, 11:02:46 pm »
Ok, that makes sense, and I think that it would work, so I think that I would like to make a Korvold list and keep refining the Prossh deck along the way, and then play both after I'm done to see which one I enjoy playing more. 

Rinzler

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Abril 24, 2020, 03:01:27 am »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Abril 24, 2020, 07:40:51 am »
On first glance, Bojuka Bog, Savage Lands, and Wood Elves definitely have to go. If you want no-mana grave hate, Tormod's Crypt would be better. You can't have lands that enter tapped in cEDH. Wood Elves is just a bad ramp spell. I don't even run it in non-optimized decks. If you want a better version of almost that exact effect, Nature's Lore is better, but I wouldn't run that, either.

I don't think Dictate of Erebos is worth an include at this level. I'd remove it for a good removal spell like Snuff Out.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Responder #7 em: Abril 24, 2020, 02:34:06 pm »
Looks good so far. You'll probably want to swap out Bojuka Bog, Savage Lands, Dictate of Erebos, Thoughtseize, Wood Elves, and Sidisi, Undead Vizier. In exchange for these cards, throw in some more card draw. After that, test the deck out. A good gameplan will go something like this.

Turn 1: Play a mana dork.
Turn 2: Tutor for Demonic Consultation, then cast Demonic Consultation before the start of your next turn. Get Food Chain and exile Squee, the Immortal.
Turn 3: Play Food Chain, use the mana dork to get the mana to cast Squee. Win.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Abril 24, 2020, 04:10:07 pm »
Ok, I took out some stuff, but I left sidisi in, sometimes she's helpful.  I'll playtest both to see how I like them today.