deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Looking for wincons for a tokens deck? (Breya, Zirda, cycling)  (Read 1826 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: Looking for wincons for a tokens deck? (Breya, Zirda, cycling)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 07:43:05 pm »
You can just use Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal as a win condition. You have the mana ramp package to make it work.
True, but I don't have the tutors for it (and not planning on adding them either). Plus I don't have that many outlets either. As far as I know nothing in my deck goes infinite with Breya. Monoliths do go infinite with Zirda, though. Having infinite mana would get me infinite cycling, which could be funny.
Once you have infinite mana of any color, you can just win with Breya by repeatedly playing her, saccing her to her own ability, dealing 3 to an opponent, and recasting her.
I'm officially an idiot! Thank you for pointing that combo out. I've always wanted to be a dumbass. Also thank goodness you people have brains.

That's now a tempting offer. Now I need to decide whether I want tutors or no tutors. If I play tutors I will also have to go for Prismite and Gemstone Array.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Bonethor

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 08:24:54 pm »
I'm going to be extremely boring and say Approach of the second sun even if it's better with the card draw plan than the token plan.

Another option could be a card that I also mentioned when talking about Winota, Aggravated assault, although that one would probably prefer mana dorks instead of rocks. Obviously these wincons aren't very "decisive" but they could do the job.

The mentioned Breya self-sacrifice ping with infinite mana is probably most efficient though.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04:20 am »
I added Aggravated Assault and still going to see if I can replace the Signets with some kinds of dorks.

I decided not to include staples or tutors and I actually removed Basalt Monolith and Grim Monolith mostly because I don't want to go infinite necessarily. I want to steer this deck into an all-in no staples no tutors deck. It wasn't easy because I love combos but for a long time I've wanted to put together something that doesn't rely on tutoring up pieces.

I chose to include a lot of the cards you suggested, thank you for those. I need to play a few games with the deck to see if this deck runs smoothly. I love how it's a mixture of cards I picked from Gavi, Nest Warden and Zur the Enchanter decks without actually using those cards and instead opting for token generation.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/