deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vilis Blood Price EDH - Comments  (Read 413 times)

Comment Bot

Vilis Blood Price EDH - Comments
« on: May 14, 2020, 04:41:06 am »
Vilis Blood Price EDH

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

P3RS3CUTR0LL

• Decks
Re: Vilis Blood Price EDH - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:41:06 am »
Dont you prefer Erebos intervention (instant speed and polyvalent) instead of Battle (sorcery speed)?

P3RS3CUTR0LL

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 04:46:25 am »
What do you think about Ob Nixilis, the fallen? Play a land, target you, draw 3 cards if Vilis is on board or "bolt" your opponents if he isnt.

Coldhands

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:04:10 am »
I will be adding both of these now that I've been shown the error of my ways :) thanks for the suggestions mate

Casual EDH Beardo

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 05:51:37 am »
Hi. I'm also brewing a Vilis deck - waiting for some cards to arrive. Have you playtested the deck? If so, how does it perform? What do you see as your most likely win cons?

I am a bit surprised by the number of sacrifice outlets, without many sac targets, apart from those generated by the Abhorrent Overlord, and not very much recursion.

Do you consider the deck finished or do you have any particular cards in mind, you want to add to it?

Coldhands

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 06:07:33 am »
Hi Beardo, I have played it, and the most reliable win cons are Grey Merchant and Exsanguinate. I find that I really can draw an insane amount of cards, so I never have a problem getting my main recursion card, Phyrexian Reclamation, and then I'm just playing, sacing, and playing again cards like Grey Merchant, Abhorrent Overlord and Josu Vess. I admit that I used to have a bit more recursion in there, but it slowly disappeared in favor of more life-manipulation psuedo-draw.

I never consider a deck finished, and this deck was never meant to be competitive, so I'm open to suggestions. My main objectives with the deck are to draw cards, manipulate life totals either side of the table, and have a decent level of devotion.

Hope this helps and please, if you have suggestions feel free to make them

Casual EDH Beardo

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 12:55:15 am »
Sounds good. I'll post my list here, when it's finished and get to play it. Exsanguinate, Gray Merchant, big flying demons and Aetherflux Reservoir will probably be my win cons, with Bolas's Citadel as a possible key card. I imagine the balance between lifegain and all the life paid for card draw and other things may require some tweaking.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 04:37:31 am »
I have two suggestion for you that may help in the running of this deck. For me i also have a mono-black deck, but i run K'rrik, son of yawgmoth as the commander instead. Having him as the general of the deck will reduce the cost of all the cards in your deck and allow you to play your cards faster and more often. With both on the field this will allow you to literally pay life for cards AND draw cards as a result.
 Secondly you could add liliana's contract to the deck. If you choose to keep Vilis, broker of blood as the commander of the deck then why not have him be part of your deck's win con?