deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Looking for input on Menace Tribal  (Lu 331 fois)

mrwilding

• Decks
Looking for input on Menace Tribal
« le: Mai 23, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
I have been play testing these two decks on MTGA.  Both seem equally successful - and 65% win rates in standard.  The Rakdos version took me from Gold to Platinum quickly but advancement stalled when I started hitting nothing but yorion decks

Rakdos Menace Tribal: https://deckstats.net/decks/147999/1647040-rakdos-menace-tribal
and
Mardu Menace Tribal: https://deckstats.net/decks/147999/1648203-mardu-menace-tribal/en

These decks play out very quickly.  If you are on curve, you are unblockable from the get go and get a one-sided board wipe at turn 4.  With the Mardu version you can surprise the opponent and just win with Chance For Glory.

Anyone have some input on the following?
1. what changes can I make to be more competitive vs. meta decks?
2. what would you put in the sideboard to be successful in Bo3?
« Modifié: Mai 23, 2020, 05:22:11 pm par mrwilding »

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Looking for input on Menace Tribal
« Réponse #1 le: Mai 24, 2020, 04:31:49 am »
I play Bant Yorion Control, and I'm not really sure you can stay with the menace theme and still win. I gain life with Uro, card advantage with basically everything from Omens to Cavalier of Thorns to Teferi, and I control the board with Agent of Treachery, Teferi, Shatter the Sky, and Elspeth Conquers Death.

Yorion control is just really, really powerful. The only times I lose are when I get out-controlled or when an aggro deck gets a perfect hand. So, I'd suggest trying to make this more threatening more quickly. Maybe if you could work this into an Obosh deck for more explosive games?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

mrwilding

• Decks
Re: Looking for input on Menace Tribal
« Réponse #2 le: Mai 24, 2020, 05:59:02 pm »
That's a fair point.  Yorion is hard (at best) unless you come out swinging.  Giving up the labyrinth raptor and stormfist crusader to use Obosh the companion is a no go, so I will have to look at Obosh as a non-companion card.