deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tribes you wish to see more support for  (Read 4067 times)

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: Tribes you wish to see more support for
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 09:17:24 pm »
Satyrs, Horses, Beasts, Sphinx, Scarecrows, Archers, Griffins

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 09:19:42 pm »
Some more Dwarves would be really nice. I really like Depala, but with the current available Dwaves/Vehicles the deck is to weak for my playgroup.

More rats would also be nice (for something different than Rat Colony/Relentless Rats focused decks).

Btw, I've heard a very unique version of the typical Dwarf/Elf bashing a while ago:
A long time ago, a tribe of Dwarves has choosen that they don't want to life in the mountains anymore, so they moved into the woods. But by no beeing able to pay homage to the god of the forge, he has become so angry, that he pulled out their beards and pulled long their arms, legs and ears. This pitiable tribe is now known as 'Elves'.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 01:30:20 am »
would love to see some wolf/werewolf action.

Yeah, definitely a commander or something to help keep them flipped.

I know this isn't what you mean, but I'm always happy to see new elves.

I'd love for a Return to New Phyrexia and a bunch of new myr creatures built around the Myr Battlesphere and Myr Turbine ideas of needing a bunch of untapped myr creatures.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 05:50:08 am »
Werewolves, either keeping the flipped or triggering whenever they flip between forms.

Angels for plays on the curve or to ramp up into them.

Horrors built around removing options from your opponents... And giving those options to you.

Sirjonas

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 06:55:38 am »
Werewolves, either keeping the flipped or triggering whenever they flip between forms.

Yeah like Huntmaster of the Fells who have effects whenever he transforms.

But sadly i have no hopes on new werewolves.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 07:04:32 am »

Yeah like Huntmaster of the Fells who have effects whenever he transforms.

But sadly i have no hopes on new werewolves.

Maybe we'll get some other were-animal creatures. Like... Were-Beasts?!  :o

Or to pick up Judaspriesters  piece of lore:
Were-Elves, who flip into to raging Dwarves when they get damaged xD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:28:09 am by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 08:39:28 pm »
I'm not really sure what I want, but I do like octopus.

Cephalids seem like a good representation. Other than that, I second Dwarves. Dwarven Blastminer let's go!

As for abilities, Dwarves could be masters of tinkering, small artifact (token) interaction and of course mining aka land destruction. That also incorporates the current Dwarves.

KB2MCCLOUD

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:05 pm »
Considering I just finished building an Ayula Bear tribal deck, I really wish there were more options for bears.

I agree with Dwarves as well. It would be cool to see WotC do something more with Dwarven lore. I think it would be a good opportunity to explore a new plain and maybe do something to help amp up boros decks.

Homunculus would be cool to see as well.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 11:33:22 pm »
I'd like to see more done with advisors with synergistic political/player choice abilities. 

Gargoyles with a different take on 'coming to life' could be cool.  I think of the 'hidden' enchantment cycle in Urza's Saga as a starting point.

Griffins could really use some curve fillers, everything is bunched at 4-5 CMC for the most part. 

I'll second cephalids & octopi [octopuses, octopodes, take your pick, according to Merriam-Webster, apparently all can be used], along with krakens and leviathans.  Add in some human cult followers that do sacrificial things like Eldritch Moon was trying to do with cards like Emrakul's Evangel and Foul Emissary and get some more Cthulhu-ian flavor.  Maybe staple oozes in here as well?

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 09:18:07 am »
I'd like to see more support for Angels. As someone already mentioned, there are to little Angels with converted manacost less than 3. The same is true for demons, and worms. And i'd like to see more support for seamonster tribal. There are a few lower costed krakens now like nadir kraken. But all of those tribes lack specific anthems, other cards that interact with the tribe. One of the few for Angels is Bishop of Wings. I'd like to see more like these.

And I want more support for Archers. Greatbow Doyen is one of my favorite cards, and it doesn't work in commander. A legendary archer (maybe Vivien) in Simic or Bant. Something to give my opponent's creatures flying so i can shoot them down with my army of Archers.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:16 am »
A legendary archer (maybe Vivien) in Simic or Bant.

Offtopic:
I just remembered another point which bothered me some time. I would really love to see more planeswalker-characters as creatures. Sadly I don't like the flip-walkers much, so there is much room for improvement in my opinion  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:30:59 am by Akira Foxmind »
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 01:50:09 pm »
I am not a tribal type player/person but just looking on edh at the bottom tribes that have decks. There are 15 tribes with made decks of 9 or less.
14 tribes with 10 to 19 decks. It does get better as we go up the ladder but if I have to choose what tribes need more support. I would start with something like Spiders, Treefolk and Wolves. Spiders should be slowing things down hence spiderweb and devoring that which it has caught a lot more. Treefolk are supposed to be big, powerful and just smash like the hulk. Wolves are pack hunters so need more for the pack, so it could be considered that werewolves could be included. So yes werewolves/wolves need more support
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 11:33:10 pm »
I'd love to see more dwarf tribal support. I feel it's one of the traditional fantasy races that is horribly under-represented in the Magic multiverse as a whole.

They could do a dwarf variation of Dockside Extortionist; a dwarf producing gold or treasure tokens seems on-flavour to me. I don't think there would be much outcry if there was a functional reprint of that card. I could even see them extending dwarves into green.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 10:32:17 pm »
Little update from todays research:

I remembered the existence of Devils. Thinking of Rakdos Cackler with it's Diablo-ish design there needs to be more of them. ;D
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
---------

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 11:45:57 pm »
Probably, lords for the "fliers": Birds, Griffins, Sphinxes, Pegasuses and Archons. Archon of Sun's Grace and Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign just aren't enough imho. Griffin Rider is the closest "dependent lord" that I could think of. More fliers lords. Wurms would be great for my "Adventing Wurmageddon", lol, 😆, that's how I name my decks.  We got Gargos, Vicious Watcher for hydras, but I doubt it will happen soon for the powerful wurms.

Edit: Other Tribes are Sea Monsters like Whelming Wave, Quest for Ula's Temple and Serpent of Yawning Depths. Something like "Islandwalk. Trample. Hexproof. Krakens, Leviathans, Octopuses and Serpents get Islandwalk and enter with trample or hexproof counter by your choice."
Regards,
Chavdar
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:05:59 pm by Painbearer »