deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Auto Companion-ing Question  (Read 1385 times)

Uchihab7

• Decks
Auto Companion-ing Question
« on: May 29, 2020, 05:28:31 am »
So on one of my decks I noticed that Gyruda is shown as the Companion for the deck even though:
1. It can't legally be the Companion because there are cards with Odd CMC in the Deck   &
2. It is in the Sideboard as an actual Sideboard card

I looked through Deck Editor and Update Details and a few other things, but I can't seem to find anything to "turn off" this companion setting.  So I was just wondering if this is just like an auto setting that Deckstats just has at the moment or if there is a way to make it so that Gyruda isn't a Companion in this deck (and I'm just blind or overlooking something)?

Hopefully I am posting this in the right place, first time starting a new topic on the forum so please forgive me if this isn't the right place.  Anyway I'll link my deck here, so that you can take a look at what I am talking about, but you'll need to look on actual deckstats.net to see what I am talking about.     https://deckstats.net/decks/134852/1612288-pick-your-poison 

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: Auto Companion-ing Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 06:24:48 pm »
On that note -- for EDH it would be useful to be able to display both the Commander and the Companion in the main view. Right now if I tag the Companion as a Commander the platform just says my deck isn't legal. I'd still like the Companion to be displayed somehow...
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 06:02:44 am »
On that note -- for EDH it would be useful to be able to display both the Commander and the Companion in the main view. Right now if I tag the Companion as a Commander the platform just says my deck isn't legal. I'd still like the Companion to be displayed somehow...

In the deck builder, go to the properties section and check off the "Allow multiple commanders" box. Then designate the companion as a commander. It will appear in the main view, even if it's listed in the sideboard.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:02 am »

In the deck builder, go to the properties section and check off the "Allow multiple commanders" box. Then designate the companion as a commander. It will appear in the main view, even if it's listed in the sideboard.
If I do this and try to save the deck while the Companion is in the Sideboard Deckstats will tell me that my deck isn't EDH-legal. I want it to say that it is.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 04:46:25 pm »
So on one of my decks I noticed that Gyruda is shown as the Companion for the deck even though:
1. It can't legally be the Companion because there are cards with Odd CMC in the Deck   &
2. It is in the Sideboard as an actual Sideboard card

I looked through Deck Editor and Update Details and a few other things, but I can't seem to find anything to "turn off" this companion setting.  So I was just wondering if this is just like an auto setting that Deckstats just has at the moment or if there is a way to make it so that Gyruda isn't a Companion in this deck (and I'm just blind or overlooking something)?
Thank you for your feedback. I built the companion highlighting feature under the assumption that if you're putting a companion into the sideboard it would almost always be because you want to play it as a companion. I will look into adding a flag to disable this though, so you can turn that off if that is not the case.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you flag one card as the commander and put a companion in your sideboard (without explicitly marking it in any way) it should highlight both. Is that not working for you?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:02:36 pm »
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you flag one card as the commander and put a companion in your sideboard (without explicitly marking it in any way) it should highlight both. Is that not working for you?
Actually it's working now exactly like you described. Weird. I think it didn't work at some point for me or maybe I just did something wrong otherwise. Thanks anyway!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 11:56:59 pm »
Uchihab7: I have now added a fix for this - if you add "!NoCompanion" into the comment box of the card it will no longer show up as a companion.

Actually it's working now exactly like you described. Weird. I think it didn't work at some point for me or maybe I just did something wrong otherwise. Thanks anyway!
Great - I only added this feature recently, so maybe that's why?