deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ultimate Budget EDH deck competition  (Read 3628 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Ultimate Budget EDH deck competition
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 02:57:08 am »
I was just using the cost estimator on the Deck Creator for dollar amount.

I assumed that we were all using that. Dunno if it's the same for everyone, though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:42:05 am by WizardSpartan »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 03:36:43 am »
Wait, you can just type in whatever and it shows up as a quote? No one challenge me. I now have the power to make you say all manner of silly nonsense.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:33 am »
Slyvester12, armed with their newfound knowledge:

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 02:42:13 pm »

I assumed that we were all using that. Dunno if it's the same for everyone, though.

One problem with this guys though. The deck creator uses the median price and not the buy price especially from tcg. Example the Mana Confluence I own shows on here at 29.99 which shows median price but checking Tcg itself it shows 25.00 but buy price is 24.10
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 06:35:00 pm »

This is what I did.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 06:53:09 pm »
can't you use either TCG player or card kingdom?  That will skew the price range, but does it matter much, as long as it is below 50 dollars?

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 11:17:06 pm »
I don't know if its TCG or CardKingdom on the deck page, but there is an estimate. That's what I went by, it seems like an easy standard for everyone to use. If someone says something like well I found this card on this site for X, that changes the standard, and I'm sure everyone could find/use a different site or different quality of cards

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:20:48 pm by Mynus »

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 08:40:50 am »
I don't know if its TCG or CardKingdom on the deck page, but there is an estimate. That's what I went by, it seems like an easy standard for everyone to use. If someone says something like well I found this card on this site for X, that changes the standard, and I'm sure everyone could find/use a different site or different quality of cards

That's a good idea, I'll use this one.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2020, 04:58:49 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/52552/1663176-budget-bark-at-the-moon

It is wolves that go wide and get big. Pumping them up with counters while giving them trample. Putting constant pressure on your opponents with your wolves that are created. Some graveyard recursion so you can make more wolf tokens. I mentioned wolves need support so I figure why not give them some support that is very budget friendly and very easy to pilot. It is a simple straight up combat damage deck.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:02:05 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2020, 08:48:34 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/6217/1663375-alesha-budget-edh

Typical Alesha deck but on a budget. At time of posting price is $47.90
This space for rent.

Grimjack

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2020, 12:00:15 am »
Is there a way to get the basic lands to ring up less than $0.24 each from TCG?   Like setting the set to a specific set that is $0.01?

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2020, 02:50:51 am »
Is there a way to get the basic lands to ring up less than $0.24 each from TCG?   Like setting the set to a specific set that is $0.01?

Try the Coreset 20 lands, I went with Forest #279 and TCG is showing @ .09 cents each.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2020, 07:55:57 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/146412/1661026-super-budget-aristocrats-teysa

A Teysa Karlov budget aristocrats list.  Some things I probably could have spread out better, and I splurged a bit on skullclamp, but I am happy with the end result!  This deck lies at $49.57.  The main focus is to get Teysa out and then sac creatures with death triggers, making tons of tokens and pinging opponents to death.  A fantastic card is Pitiless plunderer, a great source of treasures, as he effectively makes 2 treasures whenever anything you control dies.  It is hard to run out of cards to sac, and if you do, you can recur them or draw into more!  Command the Dreadhorde is a great card here, and since most of the cards are low cmc, the value you get off of it is nuts, and will win you the game if you time it right.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:13:14 pm by Rinzler »

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 03:27:37 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/104951/1659743-a-tale-of-wolf-and-elf/en

This is my budget deck, a deck full of elves, wolves and other fighters.

There are quite a lot of instants that target, both to trigger Gargos, vicious watcher or season of growth that can also save some of the more important creatures on the battlefield, or reuse ETB effects like that of Tolsimir itself.

I played against a non-budget Tolsimir deck yesterday, and the commander alone is just so much fun and value when you can play a few wolves.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 09:15:01 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/127587/1662409-kogla-50-challenge?lng=en

Mono-green stompy style deck based around being able to replay various ETB creatures for value.  Kogla, the Titan Ape helms the deck as he can bounce humans back to hand to be replayed.  To back up this ability, Stampeding Wildebeests, Temur Sabertooth, Roaring Primadox and Stampeding Serow can all bounce your creatures to be replayed later. 

The deck has some evasion, some +1/+1 counter synergy, card draw and hopefully enough budget search to reasonably enact the plan of game-ending End-Raze Forerunners or Earthshaker Giant.  As always, certain cards fit into multiple categories so there are ramp cards not listed under 'Ramp', etc. ie: so I didn't have to keep recounting overall lands, a rampish card like Blighted Woodland is under 'Lands'. 

The deck play should be fairly straight-forward, ramp to commander and replay smaller value creatures until a finisher can be used but should be toolbox-y enough to be flexible and mix up the gameplay some.  Beginning players shouldn't have any trouble running as this deck doesn't rely on complex timing or odd combos to function.

Price estimate at time of posting was $48.47.