deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: M21 thoughts & comments  (Read 4119 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: M21 thoughts & comments
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 05:38:51 pm »
They're reprinting the Temples again? So soon? Anybody else confused by this?

Also, Idol of Endurance seems really cool. It gives white some (albeit limited) form of card advantage and can help rebuild after a boardwipe. I also like that it only exiles until it leaves the battlefield, so it getting removed doesn't necessarily screw you over.

Also #2, a HEROIC INTERVENTION REPRINT! YES!! I can never get too many of that beautiful card.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:43:48 pm by WizardSpartan »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 06:33:42 pm »
Volcanic Salvo doesn't target as far as we know so it doesn't care about hexproof or shroud. If you're playing creatures it pretty much reads "RR - destroy any two creatures". Ok, it's sorcery speed so it's not that useful but it is a cheap spell that deals with most creature threats.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 12:27:55 am »
Volcanic Salvo doesn't target as far as we know so it doesn't care about hexproof or shroud. If you're playing creatures it pretty much reads "RR - destroy any two creatures". Ok, it's sorcery speed so it's not that useful but it is a cheap spell that deals with most creature threats.

That's a good point about the card. this makes it interesting, as long as your deck is building up some board presence.

I also like the Fabled Passage, Asusa and Heroic Intervention reprint. I'm just kinda surprised, that the passage gets a reprint that soon.

The new teferi feels like a little over the top for multiplayer games, but with him in play, your opponents really have to do something if they want to steal your "arch enemy" rank.  :D

Besides that, there are some interesting niche cards like Havoc Jester or "Surprise Growth Spurt". They won't become staples, but in the right deck they will perform very well.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 02:01:26 am »
Scryfall translates the card with target included in the text, while other sites are translating it without target included. It would be really odd for it to not target (there's no reason why it wouldn't) so I would chalk it up to scuffed translations.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 08:34:51 am »
Scryfall translates the card with target included in the text, while other sites are translating it without target included. It would be really odd for it to not target (there's no reason why it wouldn't) so I would chalk it up to scuffed translations.
I thought about that. The German text does not use the word for target ("Ziel") and my limited understanding of German says "deiner Wahl" means "your choice". I might be wrong, though. And I admit it'd be really bizarre if this didn't target.

EDIT: The new Light of Promise is a better Sunbond since it's one cheaper. Weird that they do this, much like Village Rites which is a cheaper version of Costly Plunder, for example.

EDIT 2: Vengeful Leafkin is pretty good. Goes well with all the "draw a card if power 3 or higher" effects that green has (in EHD). I like that it can relatively easily tap for two or more.

EDIT 3: Transmogrify - a red Polymorph?? What is this? Why? Chaos Warp is too good so they settled for something less powerful and made a near-identical card but in a different colour...

EDIT 4: Ok now they're just getting silly here. First a mana tripler, now a damage tripler (Fiery Emancipation)? It even says "source you control" so it's not symmetrical unlike many other damage doublers. This almost makes burn a viable option for EDH, too. I should either buy a boat or build a burn deck for EDH.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:30:34 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2020, 10:24:18 pm »
you're right MustaKotka, I've taken another look at the card and it your translation is correct. I'm from germany so I should know it  ;)

Conspicuous Snoop is also a DAMN good goblin.
There are already lists around for him for a t3 kill in modern (that would even work in multiplayer).
Turn 2: Conspicuous Snoop
Turn 3: Boggart Harbinger
-> put Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker on top of your library
-> use Snoop to copy himself x times
-> after you've got enough, copy Boggart Harbinger with the last untapped Snoop
-> now put Mogg Fanatic (or equivalent) on top of your library
-> Sac your Snoop's in order to kill the table

The interesting part of the combo is that you only need 2 of your combo pieces in your hand, the other 2 just need to be within the deck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:29:48 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2020, 12:03:15 am »
Transmogrify is a card that will enable masterful Mono Red Jank. Who doesn't want to play a Turn Three Emrakul, the Aeons Torn?

Turn 1 Mountain -> Satyr's Cunning, Bolt, etc. Bolt some bird.
Turn 2 Mountain -> Dragon Fodder or Forbidden Friendship or Spawning Breath (with Satyr's Cunning)
Turn 3 Mountain -> Infernal Plunge, sacrifice one of your two or three creatures, have RRRRR, cast either Indomitable Creativity for X=1, Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast or Transmogrify on a remaining token creature. Enjoy Emrakul and watch your opponent having mixed feelings of awe and fear.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2020, 12:18:59 am »
New Garruk could be pretty gross in certain decks. Doubling Season guarantees you get the emblem, then it's a free Green Sun's Zenith every turn.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2020, 05:09:35 pm »
Maybe it's just my love of Hydras, but I'm kind of digging Wildwood Scourge. Could be interesting in a +1/+1 counters deck. I'll have to look at my Skullbriar deck and see how it might fit in.

I realize it doesn't add anything to Skullbriar itself, but it could be an interesting complimentary card to give you another threat.

ETA- Those Swamps they just previewed are smoking hot. They may challenge the Unstable one for the spot as my favorite.

ETA2- I was hyped when I heard there was a new Kaervek, after seeing it...now I'm sad.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:11:26 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2020, 04:14:30 am »
Colossal Dreadmaw back at it again.

So anyways, I started trampling.

I also dig Animal Sanctuary, even if I'm disappointed with the lack of some creature types on it. If anything, it's a flavour win for animal lovers.

Terror Of The Peaks could be interesting with Brash Taunter (who fits nicely into decks that already focused on Stuffy Doll and similar creatures).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:16:53 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2020, 10:50:12 pm »
The new Shrines could make for a meme-y 5 colour EDH deck.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2020, 11:58:23 pm »
I am pretty interested in Fiery Emancipation.

It will most certainly find its way into several, if not all, of my red decks.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 12:42:29 am »
Okay, this bothers me.

In the art for Ghostly Pilferer there are two spectral hands behind the figure... but the left hand is to his right and the right hand is to his left.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 02:44:41 am »
Okay, so Radtha, Heart of Keld is probably my new landfall commander.

More importantly, is anyone even close to as hype as I am for Five Color Shrine Tribal? I don't know who the commander is yet, but I know it has all the Sanctums, Hondens, and probably the Genjus, too. Sadly, I'm expecting the commander to be something boring like Kenrith or Golos due to lack of a synergistic choice in rainbow.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 03:06:38 am »
why the genjus?