deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: M21 thoughts & comments  (Read 4121 times)

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
Re: M21 thoughts & comments
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2020, 03:09:58 am »
Okay, so Radtha, Heart of Keld is probably my new landfall commander.

More importantly, is anyone even close to as hype as I am for Five Color Shrine Tribal? I don't know who the commander is yet, but I know it has all the Sanctums, Hondens, and probably the Genjus, too. Sadly, I'm expecting the commander to be something boring like Kenrith or Golos due to lack of a synergistic choice in rainbow.

The shrines are legendary so use 5 color Sisay to fetch.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2020, 03:43:08 am »
Okay, so Radtha, Heart of Keld is probably my new landfall commander.

More importantly, is anyone even close to as hype as I am for Five Color Shrine Tribal? I don't know who the commander is yet, but I know it has all the Sanctums, Hondens, and probably the Genjus, too. Sadly, I'm expecting the commander to be something boring like Kenrith or Golos due to lack of a synergistic choice in rainbow.

The shrines are legendary so use 5 color Sisay to fetch.

That's a good point, thanks.

Also, the Genjus are mostly because they're fun cards that will also benefit from an enchantment-oriented jank deck.

EDIT: I'm thinking an enchantress deck built around what I've mentioned, plus land recursion as a major subtheme with stuff like Crucible of Worlds and Life from the Loam.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:46:20 am by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2020, 04:22:41 am »
I was discussing a 5 color Shrine deck with some friends today.  I said that I would be ok with someone running Genju of the Realms as their commander for a Shrine tribal deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2020, 04:42:17 am »
I was discussing a 5 color Shrine deck with some friends today.  I said that I would be ok with someone running Genju of the Realms as their commander for a Shrine tribal deck.

The dream.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2020, 06:06:18 am »
I would parrot using the 5 colour Sisay due to their ability to tutor up any shrine. The order of getting them out matters if Sisay has no other buffs before first few come out, but eventually being able to tutor the WUBRG Shrine will help speed things up.

Enchantress is also probably the best way to take it, to help draw protection while setting up. Getting all 11 shrines out at the same time sounds pretty ridiculous, then add something like Paradox Haze and Strionic Resonator.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 01:36:30 pm »
Okay, this bothers me.

In the art for Ghostly Pilferer there are two spectral hands behind the figure... but the left hand is to his right and the right hand is to his left.

There are a total of three figures entering through the wall. The two others have just their hands through the wall.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2020, 05:11:24 pm »
Full set is out now, so what do we think?
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 06:14:56 pm »
Still looking through it, but I love the flavor behind this card.

It has the battalion ability from Gatecrash, and it's called "Makeshift Battalion".

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 07:24:48 pm »
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim could also be a good commander for 5 color shrine tribal.

Mitch's (Commanderss Quarters) video on shrine tribal HERE.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2020, 05:43:16 pm »
I think this set has a lot of fantastic reprints, which lends itself less to new cards in our EDH decks. That said, there are some cool new options for my decks.

I think Teferi's Ageless Insight seems like just the sort of jank Kumena, Tryant of Orazca needs in his life, especially if it holds its cheap price tag.

Demonic Embrace is iffy for Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, though. It makes it easier for her to attack, turns her clock down from 7 turns to 4 turns, and can be easily recast alongside her if she gets removed. Would love to hear what all you people think about it. Village Rites also seems very efficient for its cost. The other 4 similar options (Altar's Reap, Bankrupt in Blood, Costly Plunder, and Skulltap) aren't anywhere as near as efficient as Village Rites. It's only 1 mana and is instant speed.

Unfortunately, none of the new commanders appeal to me. I have some cash, and the Timmy in my brain is hungry.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:10 pm »
Village Rites is pretty solid. I really like it, I may work it into my Karador Shadowborn Apostle deck when I retool it.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2020, 08:00:54 pm »
Village rites is definately a much better draw card in black compared to all those others. 1 less mana to do the exact same thing and of course at instant speed is much better
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me