deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Enchantress Win Con Help  (Read 664 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Enchantress Win Con Help
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:49:32 am »
I recently picked up a Serra's Sanctum and a couple of other enchantments matter cards and I'd like to go for an enchantress deck. The main reason I haven't made one yet is that I've never seen a particularly good win con in an enchantress deck. It's always play enchantments, draw a ton of cards, ???, profit.

I know Opalesence and Starfield of Nyx can let you swing out, and Helix Pinnacle is an enchantment that can win games, but what's a normal enchantress win con?

Am I best off focusing on auras or going for stax effects into a combo? I'm assuming it'll be a bant deck.

Thanks.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Enchantress Win Con Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 01:18:25 pm »
I've seen three variations of a win-con in enchantress. The first is combat damage, but if you're not using Tuvasa the Sunlit or Uril, the Miststalker don't bother. The second one is combo, but those can be harder to set up while keeping the enchantment theme. The third is stax locks. Stuff like Decree of Silence + Solemnity or Estrid, the Masked + Stasis. I find that last one tends to work best, just as long as you can break parity with the stax pieces.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 04:52:50 pm »
Stax is the most common one I've seen.
This space for rent.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 06:42:42 pm »
I think there are more options for combat oriented enchantress decks. You could go aurabased enchantress with Sram, senior edificer as a voltron commander. You could go (angel) tokens with Anointed procession, divine visitation, sigil of the empty throne, omen of the sun, smothering tithe, etc. and enchantment based removal as the core of the the deck.

And if monowhite is too much of a challenge ( ;) ) you could go boros with something that's supposed to play as a golgari deck for auras: https://articles.edhrec.com/uncommonder-tiana-boros-enchantress/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 06:49:52 pm by paulusdeboself »

terminalgeek

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 07:56:58 pm »
It depends on the type of enchantments you're running (aura vs world) but I would say the most straightforward way is combat damage. Plenty of enchantments/creatures that generate tokens (i.e. Sigil of the Empty Throne) that then you can pump or give evasion via other enchantments and swing out (i.e. Archetype of Imagination).

Plenty of combos you can assemble as well. You can create infinite loops with a sac outlet + angelic renewal and sun titan or if you're running black there's kaya's ghostform, animate dead, etc. just need corpse knight.   

While Bant has a lot of commanders to pick from that benefit directly from enchantments, I had fun with a four color enchantment deck using Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix and Tymna the Weaver, and that was before Theros Beyond Death dropped.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:08:22 pm by terminalgeek »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 12:13:29 am »
Thanks for the input. I'm probably gonna build Estrid stax.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.