deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] The Mutating Beasts  (Read 203 times)

KBL.02

• Decks
[Standard] The Mutating Beasts
« on: June 24, 2020, 09:58:40 am »

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] The Mutating Beasts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 05:18:36 am »
IMO, a very concise and smart deck. I like it, and I can only see 2 problems with it:

1: The mana curve - Adding something like a Void Beckoner that can be a big creature late-game but can be cycled early-game might smooth it a little. This particular curve is far from the worst I've seen, but I think you might need to sprinkle in a few more expensive creatures to hold you up late-game, particularly creatures in the 5-6 CMC range.
2: No flying - If you come across a blue/white flyer deck or any deck with flying in it, they'll get past you easily, and you don't have many targeted removal spells. A creature like Dirge Bat could assist in both these respects.

All-in-all, it's a pretty nice deck and I wouldn't mind having it for myself. The ramp seems pretty efficient and the deck looks fast-paced enough to be fun. I hope my suggestions are useful to you.