deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thanks, Everybody  (Read 1044 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Thanks, Everybody
« on: June 09, 2020, 07:25:55 am »
Several of us have expressed it in the past, but I just wanted to say thanks to Nils for running such a great site. The constant updates and close attention to user feedback are really appreciated and refreshing.

In the same vein, thanks to Morganator and WWolfe for being active mods who actually improve the community instead of stifling it.

Finally, thanks to all the regulars for making this site and the forums worth checking every day. It seems rare to find a decent community on the internet nowadays, so I really appreciate the lot of you not being colossal shitheads.

If anybody else is interested in expressing gratitude to the community, feel free to comment.

Thanks, everybody.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Thanks, Everybody
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 04:06:42 pm »
I honestly don't know what I'd do without this online community. Y'all are like a 2nd family to me. Because I wasn't ever able to get to an LGS & my irl playgroup is a lot more casual than I am, Deckstats provides a community that contains players on my power level.

I agree with Sly, this community is one of the least toxic I've ever seen, and it's crazy that communities like LoL can be so toxic while communities like this one are the complete opposite. Mods, thank you so much. It's a fantastic deckbuilder & a fantastic forum. I'll also add that I'm loving the increase in contests.

Keep it up!

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:16:44 pm »
I don't have much to add. This is a great community.

Thank you Nils, thank you mods, thank you users, thank you everyone.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 12:19:25 am »
It's nice to receive praise like this. Not just to inflate my own ego, but because I do try to make this a good place. Everything from deck-building advice to general chatter. I'm always coming up with new ideas for topics to discuss. Of course, you guys only ever see the good ideas. I frequently start writing a new thread and delete it halfway after thinking "no one wants to hear about this". Most recently it was a thread about how the cEDH meta has changed with the banning of Flash. I don't really think that interests anyone here.

I've also had some stunningly bad ideas. For a while I was thinking about making a thread in off-topic called "Grudge Match". If ever two Deckstats users get into a heated argument, I could just move all of their comments to Grudge Match, leaving the original thread unscathed and without me having to censor anyone by just deleting the comments. The users would get the argument out of their system, and then could return to being a responsible user.

I had this line of thought for about a minute before my brain said "Hey stupid, that's a terrible idea!" The point of site moderation is to de-escalate conflicts, not actively encourage them. The quality of content on sites is directly linked to how much moderation there is. Too much censorship and you limit people's willingness to post. Too little and you get massive toxicity.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 04:59:15 pm »
Thanks guys.

In return I would like to thank you all for being an easy group to moderate. Very few infractions and issues of that type make our jobs easier and allows us to focus on ways to make the site better (general chatter, deckbuilding advice, the Primer section, the contests & community deckbuilding threads). I've been a moderator on several other sites and this is by far the most mature, respectful group of members I've had the pleasure of moderating.

I'd also like to thank Nils on what all he does. It seems like he's constantly improving the site as one way or another.

I'm glad to call this board home and echo the sentiments that the members have became a second family!
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 07:20:14 am »
Very few infractions and issues of that type

There have been infractions?

Anyway, Love you all very very much. I haven't been too active recently, and I do miss the site and the game, which I haven't played in a while. I miss my interactions with you guys and hope that some time in the future, I will be able to resume them with you all.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 02:55:59 pm »
Only one I could think of is the time when it got a little heated in the cEDH ban discussion thread.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 05:33:49 pm »

I'd rather not bring it up right now. This has been a happy discussion so far and I'd hate to ruin it. Ask me again some other time.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 12:30:22 am »
Oh, I completely missed this thread! Thank you very much for your kind words everyone, I really appreciate it. And of course thank you to Morganator and WWolfe for all their help with moderating these forums, running contests and so on - I would have hardly any time to work on the rest of the website if I had to moderate the forums by myself.