deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Beta Testing Deckbuilder UI Improvements  (Read 1976 times)

Nils

• Decks
Beta Testing Deckbuilder UI Improvements
« on: November 01, 2020, 10:27:30 pm »
Over the last few weeks I have been working on a set of updates to make our deckbuilder more intuitive to use. In particular, I want to make it simpler to create and edit decks and to make it more clear when a deck has actually been saved.

Here is an overview over the updates, which I am planning to introduce soon:
  • When you visit the Deckbuilder, you will be asked for the name and format of your new deck. As soon as you confirm this, an empty deck will immediately be created and saved to your folder as a draft. The same will be true when you make a copy - a draft copy will be created as soon as you confirm the name.
  • When you're done editing the decklist, you will be able to save your deck immediately without analyzing it first.
  • If you'd like to see your deck analysis but not save it yet, you can click Analyze as before. You can then press the Save button on top of the page to save it or continue editing it.
  • As you are making changes in the deckbuilder, a new draft revision will be created and your deck list will regularly be backed up to it. If you accidentally close the window, you can always go back to your deck to continue editing the most recent backup of that revision. This replaces the old backup system, which only stored backups in your browser and didn't always work reliably.
  • If you are not logged in, you can still create a deck list and share its temporary URL as before.
These changes may not sound major but they required a major overhaul of much of the Deckstats code. Thus, I would like to test them first. I have created a separate beta version of Deckstats for that and I'm looking for volunteers to help me test it.

If you'd like to help with this, please join our Discord and visit the #beta channel for more information!

PickleLover

• Decks
Re: Beta Testing Deckbuilder UI Improvements
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 03:46:55 am »
update 4 is gonna be really nice

thanks nils, very cool  ;)
– PickleLover

titanium

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 12:38:30 am »
Could we have the custom card/art option back? If I was imagining it, could you add one please?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 07:08:26 pm »
What do you mean by the custom art option? What would that allow you to do?