deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Specify the set of your cards!  (Read 21709 times)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: New: Specify the set of your cards!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 09:41:02 am »
I'd like to echo DragooNick, I'm having trouble specifying the artwork despite following the instructions earlier in this thread... which is now a multi-year thread. I've been using the interactive deckbuilder and am trying to select the set for Blood Crypts, but the image doesn't update after saving the deck, and it doesn't update in the proxy printout either.

Would really like to either learn the proper way to do this or see it fixed! Deckstats rulez

If you want to see specific artworks for printing proxies, you could use http://www.mtgpress.net/. If you split up similar cards into sereval lines, you can choose a different Artwork for each line.
I know, this is "just" a workaround, but since there are easy options if you want specific artworks, I'm not sure the result justifies the programming effort.

You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2019, 09:02:59 am »
Signature Spellbook: Jace is an option for a set.  But Signature Spellbook: Gideon does not seem to be.  Specifically, I was looking to specify the Signature Spellbook: Gideon version of Martyr's Bond in my Breaking Eggs deck.

Thank You.
Happy Brewing!
:)

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2020, 08:17:45 pm »
Hi,
I’ve noticed the cards in my decklist now always appear with the expansion (even if I didn’t specify one).
The feature is not bad per se, but it becomes an issue when I want to copy the list to another application. Cockatrice, for instance, doesn’t like those tags.
Could it be possible to somehow specify the format, when exporting decklists?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2020, 08:31:45 pm »
Hi,
I’ve noticed the cards in my decklist now always appear with the expansion (even if I didn’t specify one).
The feature is not bad per se, but it becomes an issue when I want to copy the list to another application. Cockatrice, for instance, doesn’t like those tags.
I know this isn't a good solution but this is how I've overcome the problem: view card list, copy everything, paste into Excel and split columns using a custom delimiter (I think Deckstats uses #). Then I can just copy-paste the same list into a .txt-file but it has no comments, specified formats or any other additional data and it works.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2020, 09:02:15 pm »
Oh, that wasn't intentional. I'll have a look what happened there and change it back to the old way. Can you send me a link to the deck for testing?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2020, 09:04:54 pm »

Try this. In the deck editor, select all the cards in your deck (there is a convinient button for this). Then hit "edit" and under set, put "(automatic)". That should fix your problem.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2020, 09:53:13 pm »
Thanks for the advise.
I've tried, but it din't work.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2020, 11:42:03 pm »
This should be fixed now, can you please give it another try?

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2020, 11:53:53 pm »
Now it works indeed. Very thanks.
By the way, I love the markdown in the deck description. Nice job!

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2020, 11:58:56 pm »
Hi,
I know this isn't a good solution but this is how I've overcome the problem: view card list, copy everything, paste into Excel and split columns using a custom delimiter (I think Deckstats uses #). Then I can just copy-paste the same list into a .txt-file but it has no comments, specified formats or any other additional data and it works.
Yeah, that’s a bit tricky... thanks anyway for the advise!

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2020, 12:03:30 am »
Oh, that wasn't intentional. I'll have a look what happened there and change it back to the old way. Can you send me a link to the deck for testing?
Sorry, in my previous visit I didn’t see the message.
Now it seems fixed, but I think it happened to all decks, so you could have picked almost any of them.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2020, 12:06:49 am »
Happy to hear that!

And yes, there was indeed a bug where it was showing the set code for every card, even if you hadn't specified a set. So it would have shown up no matter what you did. It only affected the Download .DEC button though.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2020, 12:27:01 am »
There is another problem: now, once I edit a deck, all the expansion tags are removed.
Example: my Mairsil deck (http://deck.tk/24Hr1eXd).
I know for a fact that the cards in “Tutors” section were all tagged. I tried to add the expansion in the “Wheels” section but, once I saved, the tags in “Tutors” were gone. If I edit the deck again, the tags in “Wheels” will probably be lost too.
Note that I’m using the text editor.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2020, 12:39:31 am »
Yeah, they’re all gone.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2020, 12:58:23 am »
Yes, turns out there was another related problem with the text-based editor. Good catch!

Hopefully I have now fixed this as well, so that the set codes will now show up where they should - but not where they shouldn't.

Please give it another try. If you had saved your deck before you realized the set codes had disappeared you can use the deck revisions feature to revert back to an older version.