deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pioneer] Eternal Life and Sacrifice  (Read 229 times)

Gilles86

• Decks
[Pioneer] Eternal Life and Sacrifice
« on: July 09, 2020, 07:36:30 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/92884/1686851-eternal-life-and-sacrifice/

I had this Idea where Solemnity can be a good combination with some new cards: Nine Lives and Luminous Broodmoth.
With the Broodmoth and Solemnity it's possible to sacrifice any Creature and they come back alive without a flying token because of Solemnity.
So we can repeat this every time. Nine Live with Solemnity is also really cool. It prevents any damage to the Player because of Solemnity.

How do you like the deck and which cards should be changed? :)

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: [Pioneer] Eternal Life and Sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 06:34:58 am »
Hello. I really like the Solemnity combos. I've used one before, and it's a blast when you just can't die.

So it's clear that having creatures die and come back is a big part of the deck, so I think we should expand on that idea.

You can add in cards like Zulaport Cutthroat and Cruel Celebrant, which add a higher density of these cards to your deck, thus making them more consistent. You also want more reliable ways to get creatures to die. You have some sacrifice outlets, but they either cost mana or need to tap. If a card has a sacrifice outlet with no cost, like Woe Strider or Cartel Aristocrat, it is a lot easier to get the desired effect to happen. Finally, since cards will be dying and reentering the battlefield a lot, having cards that have additional effects when that happens, such as Yarok's Fenlurker, would be nice.

I would consider removing cards like Bounty Agent and Atzocan Seer, which both don't have great targets for their abilities and replace them with cards that make the main goal of the deck easier to accomplish. Alpha Authority feels like it doesn't do a whole lot there, as does Shadowspear. I think Pious Evangel is just too slow, with cards that do that job better out there.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

Gilles86

• Decks
Re: [Pioneer] Eternal Life and Sacrifice
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:20 pm »
I changed some cards and added creatures like Master Splicer which have "enter the battlefield" triggers