deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: What was your nightmare combo as a Newbie?  (Lida 1782 vezes)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: What was your nightmare combo as a Newbie?
« Responder #15 em: Julho 31, 2020, 08:23:08 pm »
Invisibility on a Juggernaut was fairly fierce back in the day.  (Waaayyyyy back in the day.)

Of course.  So was the all Plague Rats deck.  And the all Lightning Bolt deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Responder #16 em: Julho 31, 2020, 09:51:48 pm »
So was the all Plague Rats deck.

It has made a resurgence on Magic Arena lol

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Responder #17 em: Agosto 31, 2020, 06:50:40 pm »
I was usually the guy looking for synergy and combos in my play group in high school, so I don't remember much that really got in my way besides being beaten out by aggro.  That being said, I distinctly remember the first time I ever got an infinite combo played against me.  The problem was, the guy I was playing dropped a few cards on the board and started rattling off what he could do and then scooped up the cards.  I was too shy then to ask for clarification as to what just happened, so I have no idea what the deck actually did.  I know it was simic and since it was in 2004, maybe 2005, can't use any more recent cards.  I'm pretty sure that there was a cephalid involved and the combo resulted in all my stuff getting tapped every turn so I couldn't ever actually do anything.  Any ideas what that could have been?

I do know that since then, I'm always a little more careful to explain combos to new players, sometimes even before we start playing so they understand what's going on in the game.  I really felt lost and frustrated that day, and I'd rather use my combos to inspire and show just how interesting this game can be, not as a tool to shut people out.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Responder #18 em: Agosto 31, 2020, 07:29:46 pm »
I was usually the guy looking for synergy and combos in my play group in high school, so I don't remember much that really got in my way besides being beaten out by aggro.  That being said, I distinctly remember the first time I ever got an infinite combo played against me.  The problem was, the guy I was playing dropped a few cards on the board and started rattling off what he could do and then scooped up the cards.  I was too shy then to ask for clarification as to what just happened, so I have no idea what the deck actually did.  I know it was simic and since it was in 2004, maybe 2005, can't use any more recent cards.  I'm pretty sure that there was a cephalid involved and the combo resulted in all my stuff getting tapped every turn so I couldn't ever actually do anything.  Any ideas what that could have been?

I do know that since then, I'm always a little more careful to explain combos to new players, sometimes even before we start playing so they understand what's going on in the game.  I really felt lost and frustrated that day, and I'd rather use my combos to inspire and show just how interesting this game can be, not as a tool to shut people out.

The only cards that match your description are Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor and Mystic Decree. Could it have been that?
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/