deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Basri Ket Lifegain - needs some serious tuning  (Read 254 times)

Crystallish

• Decks
Basri Ket Lifegain - needs some serious tuning
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:37:21 pm »
Hey there!

i built a deck (got the cards on paper) but somehow it just doesnt feel right. it feels to random, and i fear that basri and the lifegain stuff dont synergize to well.

(got back into mtg with a friend, big showdown next week, ha.)

Deck:

https://deckstats.net/decks/158615/1700257-untitled-deck/de

i wondered if it may be better to go +1 Counters instead of lifegain, and came up with the following cards to potentially upgrade things, but i wonder if it will work better afterwards.

potential upgrades:

https://deckstats.net/decks/158615/1700266-cc

if you guys got any advice regarding the effectiveness or other upgrades id greatly appreciate the help!

HarrisBop

• Decks
Re: Basri Ket Lifegain - needs some serious tuning
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 12:21:28 am »
Ok.
Problems:
Bad/non-synergistic cards (I understand its casual, but there are some cheap upgrades in current sets), worse cards include revitalise, brasi's solidarity, London Lifechanter, swallow whole. The rest of the cards are fine but could be upgraded.
Too many lands, 18-20 is more optimal, since your highest cmc spell is 4 mana (if you take out lifechanter), this'll minimise useless draws.

Tips:
Your deck should care about life-gain, that incidentally gives extra (e.g. counters or 4/4 angels).
Add cards like Griffin Aerie, Soul Sister, Maytr of Sands, Soul's Attendant.

Crystallish

• Decks
Re: Basri Ket Lifegain - needs some serious tuning
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 02:00:10 pm »
thank you for your reply, will look into the suggested cards soon and be back!