deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: July Update: Multiple collections, foil prices, UI improvements  (Read 3001 times)

Nils

• Decks
Our collection manager has become more and more popular over the years, so I'm happy to announce some improvements to it today. Hopefully they will make Deckstats an even better home for your cards than it already is!

Most importantly, you can now have multiple collections. For example, you can have one collection for cards you want to trade and one for those you want to keep. Or one for the cards you own on MTGO and one for cards you own in physical form. To create a second collection, go to your collection page, click on the name of your collection and then on Add collection.

Another feature that has been requested many times is prices for foil printings. You should now see those appear in your collection and decks. Foil prices are available for most cards from TCGPlayer, Card Kingdom and Cardmarket.

The third change is that large collections should now load a lot quicker than before. Where before it could sometimes take over a minute to load large collections, you should now be able to see any collection in a few milliseconds. I have also updated the collection filters/search to look and work like in the deckbuilder, allowing you to make more flexible searches.

Finally, I have also made some changes to our user interface that I hope will make Deckstats a bit nicer-looking and easier to use. For example the page should no longer jump around as much while it is loading and the top navigation will stay visible when you scroll or when you use the Deckbuilder. The collection pages have also received a bit of a general overhaul and the average CMC on deck pages now consistently includes Commanders.

As usual, please let me know if you encounter any bugs or notice something that could be improved!

To keep up to date with Deckstats news, follow us on Twitter or join our Discord.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 02:15:01 am by Nils »

Chandrahas

• Decks
Re: July Update: Multiple collections, foil prices, UI improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:12:12 pm »
Hi Nils,

I was editing my collection at the time this  update got roled out i guess, and now  suddenly my collection has doubled and got saved, guess this is a bug? Do you have any idea what i can do to undo this?

Kennorthen
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:14:25 pm by Chandrahas »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:48:17 pm »
Sorry about that. If you send me a CSV export of your collection I can send you back a fixed CSV with all duplicates removed. You can then import that one and your collection should be fixed. (updated:) Please send me a link to your collection and I can remove all duplicated cards for you.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:41:52 am by Nils »

thejaredevans

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 06:15:36 pm »
The same thing happened to my collection. Is everyone going to have to fix their own individually by sending you a request, or will there be a fix for this?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 10:40:24 pm »
I have just added two more features based on your feedback:
  • There is now a box on the settings page where you can enter a list of default section headings. Every time you start a new deck these will be created automatically.
  • In the collection manager, you can now clear the "date added" column for multiple cards at the same time

I also have an update about the duplicated collection cards issue - if you still have this problem, please just send me a link to your collection and I can remove all duplicate cards for you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:47:59 pm by Nils »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 01:08:56 am »
Nils, the god.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 12:05:45 pm »
Haha, thank you! I'm glad you like the changes.