deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dragons Triumph  (Read 2292 times)

Bambi^

• Decks
Re: Dragons Triumph
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 03:01:45 pm »

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 03:02:10 pm »

Revision 40

Added/removed cards:
+1 Urza's Incubator

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 03:05:54 pm »

Revision 41

Added/removed cards:
-1 (SB) Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
-1 (SB) Unsettled Mariner

Changed amounts:
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Hellkite Charger
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Monastery Siege
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Palace Siege

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 03:42:29 pm »

Revision 42

Added/removed cards:
+1 +2 Mace
+1 Amulet of Vigor

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 03:42:42 pm »

Revision 43

Added/removed cards:
-1 +2 Mace

Visba

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2022, 08:22:28 pm »
Are you looking for feedback on the list? If so, it would be much easier to tell what is going on if you categorize the cards in the deck based on what they are doing for the deck. Right now it's just an alphabetized list of cards so it's very hard to visualize what the deck is doing.

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2022, 09:05:42 pm »
I tried to create categories as good as I could :) would be glad to get some help - it's my first time creating a commander deck and I want to focus on dragons. (as one can see) But collect artifacts as a winning condition as well. The main target should be to obliterate the enemy with my beautiful dragon. The mechanic to win via artifact collection ist just in case I can't get through. (and I though it's kind of appropriate to collect treasures/gold/artifacts with dragons)

Visba

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 10:24:19 pm »
You can create custom categories in the editor by choosing "Create Custom Subsection" and by dragging and dropping cards into the different categories you create. You can move multiple cards at once by selecting them, then dragging and dropping. Just make sure if you do this that you un-select them afterwards. You can also re-order the categories with the up/down arrows next to the categories.

For an example, here is my Sidisi deck (probably not fully up-to-date at this point, but you can see the different categories):

https://deckstats.net/decks/77764/2254856-sidisi-zombies

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 11:56:44 pm »
I hope, the categories are visible. Already created a few.

Revision 47

Added/removed cards:
+1 Demonic Tutor

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 09:36:49 pm »

Revision 52

Added/removed cards:
-1 Day of Judgment
+1 Wrath of God

FinnernMagic

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2022, 03:06:49 pm »
Just took a quick look, but for your mana curve 25 lands are way too little. I don't know how you planned to play that many high mana cost cards. I tried to look at 10 starting hands with the starting hand feature and looked to turn 3 and only one of the 10 hands was what i would call playable. My guess is that you should have between 36-38 lands depending on how your mana curve looks after cutting cards to a the lands. I would also recommend to try to have more lands that enter untapped and not be reliant on having amulet of vigor to play on curve as only playing tapped lands is like playing one turn behind people that are not.

I also have a The Ur-Dragon dragon tribal deck and it was my first EDH deck built from the Ur-dragon precon deck, so i'm very familiar with 5-color Dragon tribal. if you want to have a look here is the deck list:
  https://deckstats.net/decks/142156/1429930-might-of-the-ur-dragon-s-brood/

I don't know your playstyle or what you want your deck to do, but I kan give some examples of playstyles and how to cheat in your big dragons.
 - If you want to get many big dragons out reanimation is a great way. Note: Scion of the ur-dragon might be a better commander for this. Here
   cards like haunting voyage, living death and patriarch's bidding are great cards. And a dragon like Moonveil Regent can help you put cards in
   graveyard.
 - If you want to cheat in dragons in an other way, than Sneak Attack, Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded, Selvala's Stampede, Lurking Predators and
   Defence of the Heart are great cards. I also like Oath of Druids but its a risky card.
 - Last style I know is better with Morophon, the Boundless and it is trying to get to cast your dragons for free by reducing the casting cost with
   Morophon, the Boundless, herald's horn, Ursa's Incubator and other cost reducers. Or Fist of Suns/Jodah, Archmage Eternal + Morophon, the
   Boundless.

Also you are missing the best card in any EDH deck with The Ur-Dragon as its commander and that is Hellkite Courser. 5 mana for a 6/5 and you get your commander out for free  with haste without increasing the commander tax. This allows you to use The Ur-dragons attack trigger to Draw cards and put down 1 permanent from hand for free.

If you want some help with suggestion on what to cut for more lands than I would need you to try to explain what you want the deck to do and what cards you are not willing to cut.

Hope some of this was helpful and just remember that not all tips are right for all people as playstyle, power level, local meta and what we like and want out of the game are different.
Am I even playing EDH if there is no dragons in the deck?

Bambi^

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 12:50:52 am »
oh thanks mate, im new to commander. playing casual with some mates. So I tried out some mechanics (I'd like to call it that :D).
At the moment im checking this deck again, and in comparison to my elf deck it just misses something. Thanks for your help, I'll get back to you after giving it more thoughts, about how I want to play this deck. At first I just wanted to play Dragons but in the long run, after learning more about commander I have to find a way that meets up with my play style. In normal games (just casual playing with 60card decks) I like fast decks, to burn my enemies to 0 or funny decks with combos which just annoy everyone.

I'm going to check your deck. The reanimation idea to bring the bad boys back to life is funny.
But if it means to change my commander, hm... It is the only card I don't want to change :D

Just took a quick look, but for your mana curve 25 lands are way too little. I don't know how you planned to play that many high mana cost cards. I tried to look at 10 starting hands with the starting hand feature and looked to turn 3 and only one of the 10 hands was what i would call playable. My guess is that you should have between 36-38 lands depending on how your mana curve looks after cutting cards to a the lands. I would also recommend to try to have more lands that enter untapped and not be reliant on having amulet of vigor to play on curve as only playing tapped lands is like playing one turn behind people that are not.

I also have a The Ur-Dragon dragon tribal deck and it was my first EDH deck built from the Ur-dragon precon deck, so i'm very familiar with 5-color Dragon tribal. if you want to have a look here is the deck list:
  https://deckstats.net/decks/142156/1429930-might-of-the-ur-dragon-s-brood/

I don't know your playstyle or what you want your deck to do, but I kan give some examples of playstyles and how to cheat in your big dragons.
 - If you want to get many big dragons out reanimation is a great way. Note: Scion of the ur-dragon might be a better commander for this. Here
   cards like haunting voyage, living death and patriarch's bidding are great cards. And a dragon like Moonveil Regent can help you put cards in
   graveyard.
 - If you want to cheat in dragons in an other way, than Sneak Attack, Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded, Selvala's Stampede, Lurking Predators and
   Defence of the Heart are great cards. I also like Oath of Druids but its a risky card.
 - Last style I know is better with Morophon, the Boundless and it is trying to get to cast your dragons for free by reducing the casting cost with
   Morophon, the Boundless, herald's horn, Ursa's Incubator and other cost reducers. Or Fist of Suns/Jodah, Archmage Eternal + Morophon, the
   Boundless.

Also you are missing the best card in any EDH deck with The Ur-Dragon as its commander and that is Hellkite Courser. 5 mana for a 6/5 and you get your commander out for free  with haste without increasing the commander tax. This allows you to use The Ur-dragons attack trigger to Draw cards and put down 1 permanent from hand for free.

If you want some help with suggestion on what to cut for more lands than I would need you to try to explain what you want the deck to do and what cards you are not willing to cut.

Hope some of this was helpful and just remember that not all tips are right for all people as playstyle, power level, local meta and what we like and want out of the game are different.