deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help With Yawgmoth  (Read 468 times)

MTG_Reanimator

• Decks
Help With Yawgmoth
« on: July 27, 2020, 09:42:20 pm »
I'm planning to build a Yawgmoth deck that is primarily aristocrats, but I want to be able also to take advantage of his proliferate ability. I've already found plenty of synergies among -1/-1 counters and cards like Black Market, but I would like some advice on cards with +1/+1 counter synergies that would go well in the deck beyond Mortician Beetle-esque cards. 

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Re: Help With Yawgmoth
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:58:07 pm »
When talking about counters you should always look into creatures with persist and undying (if you haven't done that already).
To make use of Proliferate you could play some Planeswalker. Liliana, Dreadhorde General for example provides tokens you can sac to Yawgmoth and with this pump her pretty good.
Ugin, the Ineffable does the same but also provides carddraw when the tokens die.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:59:38 pm by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:52 pm »
It might be obvious, but what about Mikaeus, the Unhallowed?
Sac a creature, get it back with mikaeus and sac it again.

Besides that, I've taken a short look, this is what I've found:
Feast on the Fallen
Necroplasm (just proliferate in the right moment in order to prevent the self destruction)
Necropolis Regent
Oona's Blackguard
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

MTG_Reanimator

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:39 am »
I had already planned on a couple of planeswalkers and maybe some undying cards, but I don't know how reliable some of the other suggestions are.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:53 am »
archfiend of ifnir - If you want to proliferate -1/-1 counters on your opponent's creatures. You're commander proliferates by discarding so you can stack the triggers so that you get MAX value out of the two.

bloodtracker - All you have to do is pay life one time realistically and as long as you're proliferating you'll be getting a stronger creature on the board and net you mass value when it leaves.

Cordial Vampire - if you lean into mono-black vampire tribal it'll allow for you to focus on proliferating the +1/+1 counters on your vamps and grow them quickly.

Embodiment of agonies - If your graveyard is already stacked then it'll enter the field pretty large off the rip. The once you start proliferating he'll only get larger.

Flesh carver - when he dies he'll replace himself with a creature based off his power. Sac a creature, get the counter, proliferate from there.

Marionette master - If you run any artifact creatures or if you have a method of popping out servos/thopters consistently you can use them as sac fodder to your commander & burn your opponents for damage by proliferating the master's +1/+1 counters.

Midnight Banshee - Playing a mono-black deck means no negative draw back on your part. Make the -1/-1 counters on your opponent's creatures and then proliferate them.

Necroskitter - If you are dropping -1/-1 counters on your opponent's creatures consistently what better method of manipulating the board then to kill AND steal their creatures.

Noosegraf Mob - Proliferating this card will constantly give you a board state of zombies which can buffer your life total while putting pressure on your opponent. Run it with a Hell's Caretaker and you'll have a combo for creating your board state.

Oathsworn Knight - Give him counters by proliferating and you'll be able to stack his power and lay waste to people's creatures. Give him death touch for extra value. The same could be done with the unbreathing horde as well.

Ob Nixilis unshackled - It serves as a deterrent against your opponents tutoring so much and as you're doing your aristocrats playstyle you're making him stronger as well. Play him with grave pact and you can manipulate the board state as well.

Wall of limbs - if you want a blocker that keeps growing AND can wipe a player's life total then this would be something worth proliferating and running.

With Yawgmoth, Thran Physician you have quite a bit of options on your hands, what are your thoughts on these choices?