deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: (Casual) No Win Con, Help!  (Read 597 times)

Orangu

• Decks
(Casual) No Win Con, Help!
« on: July 26, 2020, 03:51:30 pm »

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: (Casual) No Win Con, Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 09:45:15 pm »
What about Guul Draz Specter or Black Vise as finisher? I don't think you need to kill your opponent in one blow with a control deck.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 12:45:33 am »
I like Judaspriester's ideas, but another option could be to throw in a couple copies of the new Jumpstart legendary, Tinybones, Trinket Thief. Two activations of his ability, and all your opponents dissapear. His passive is also pretty good.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 07:20:22 pm »
I like Judaspriester's ideas, but another option could be to throw in a couple copies of the new Jumpstart legendary, Tinybones, Trinket Thief. Two activations of his ability, and all your opponents dissapear. His passive is also pretty good.

Interesting idea, but I think, at least at the current prices, Tinybones will be out of budget, because an playset would roughly double the price of the deck. Maybe this will change, once there is comming more supply for Jumpstart (they delayed the EU release for over one month, because of supply problems... -.-).

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 02:47:18 am »
Interesting idea, but I think, at least at the current prices, Tinybones will be out of budget, because an playset would roughly double the price of the deck. Maybe this will change, once there is comming more supply for Jumpstart (they delayed the EU release for over one month, because of supply problems... -.-).

Good point. Just fetched the prices and apparently one copy is worth about $52 in paper and $14 Online - waaay too expensive. Let's hope that changes soon.

Orangu

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 02:11:55 pm »
Love that Gruul Draz Specter! Tiny bones definitely is out of budget... But cool idea. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Orangu

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 05:41:00 pm »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 12:13:10 am »
Aww.. I've suggested a wrong card. The Rack, not Black Vise. somehow mixed those two up.

Orangu

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 02:44:11 am »
Wow! The Rack is great card for this deck! thanks so much, i was a little confused when u suggested the vise... lol

monkydonky1

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 09:00:37 am »
Heja,

I can see the point why you play Doom Blade over Fatal Push and Mana Leak over Drown to the Loch - because Baral (Baral, Chief of Compliance) is simply a good Card :-)

In the whole constellation you need to draw cards. It soon might happen, that you run out of cards and therefore you need a plan. I would recommend Castle Locthwain, Asylum Visitor or some simply blue-card-advantage-spell.

In my eyes are the best cards to discard which you can use many times like Raven's Crime. Discard a land an force an opponent to discard again - awesome. To me your deck look like a blue-black 8-Rack deck. Keep going - I am curious to see the final-version.

Just text me if you need some more inputs.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 12:42:24 pm »
You can also run fell specter, liliana's caress, megrim and in raiders' wake if you wanna go hard on the discard kill. That way as you remove resources from your opponent you are also taking away his life. Also another cool win con you can try is Atemsis, All-Seeing. It's got a solid body on it and if you have cards that let it deal direct damage such as pathway arrows then it can ping your opponent and trigger its effect when it's ready to DELETE your opponent.