deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: sacraffice deck  (Read 158 times)

quilltere

• Decks
sacraffice deck
« on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:26 am »
this sac  shall break your back

so I made this deck hoping to get some feedback it's supposed to be a sacrifice deck that gets triggers from sacking the card and then bringing the card back. it's supposed to be as cheap as possible so that's why your not seeing better cards.

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: sacraffice deck
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 05:17:08 am »
Cool deck! I'm a big fan of sacrifice decks, and Abzan is an excellent color pair for it with a sweet commander pick.

I think adding more Blood Artist type cards would help out. Blood Artist itself is expensive at $7, but Zulaport Cutthroat, Cruel Celebrant, and Falkenrath Noble are all under $1. With things dying and recurring all the time, being able to drain the table can help keep your life total at a healthy level while chipping away at the opponents. Midnight Reaper will draw you cards when non-tokens die, which is a very strong ability. Teysa Karlov will double any death triggers, which can really add up with Butcher of Malakir

Since you want things in the graveyard to be able to recur, I recommend putting in more sacrifice outlets. Viscera Seer and Carrion Feeder are both free sac outlets, which is very important. Ashnod's Altar might be out of budget around $6, but if you can find a cheaper copy I highly recommend getting one.

I also recommend looking at some artifact ramp. You have Sol Ring, but the signets (in this case, Orzhov Signet, Golgari Signet, and Selesnya Signet) are all excellent includes and don't cost much. You can also get the talismans (Talisman of Resilience, Talisman of Hierarchy, and Talisman of Unity) but these can be a couple of dollars depending on which one you look at. At 41 lands, you could replace a few of those with artifacts and find the deck performing quite well.

I think these all would be solid inclusions and don't seem out of budget (minus a few exceptions).
Symmetrical effects are fair.