deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Mill - Comments  (Gelesen 164 mal)

Comment Bot

• Gast
Mill - Comments
« am: August 02, 2020, 09:31:02 Nachmittag »
Mill

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

schorsch1989

• Decks
Re: Mill - Comments
« Antwort #1 am: August 02, 2020, 09:31:02 Nachmittag »
strange mana peak... will see the game, where you have the time to wait for your Fleet swallowers.
How want to protect your Jace, Wielder of Mysteries? SPecial against flying is nothing.
And if he is dead, your selfmill before will be contraproductive....

If i will build a modern mill deck, i will use black and blue spells. Glimpse the Unthinkable is a must have, Mind Grind and/or Mind Funeral isn't so bad at a 60card-deck.
Think about using no creatures. Yes, at the one hand there is no one, who can protect you.
But on the other hand all removals at your opponent's side are useless.
I think, it would work if you play not against three or more opponents.
There are many counter spells, which also mills the opponent a little bit.
If you use no creatures, either you need 8 till 12 counterspells (Psychic Strike, Induce Paranoia) or the better way: use mass-removol (like "destroy all creatures") or better for beginng: cards, which say: each player sacrifaces a creature (there are another cards, which say "each opponent").
think the best option is, to use counter and removal.
Maybe you should bring something in like Propaganda or Meekstone or Embargo.
Use cheap mill enchantments like Fraying SanityMemory Erosion.

there some mill lands too (not the best mill, but better than nothing): Duskmantle, House of Shadow and Nephalia Drownyard
Use colorless ramp like "sol ring" or a land ramp like "dimir aqueduct".

Maybe, if you want to use your jace with the win con you can use "Psychic Corrosion" or/and "Jace's Erasure" and draw a lot of cards and milling the same times the opponents.

Mill Decks has to be very fast to win...

Last advance: it's better not to use only mill spells.... "Windfall" is powerful to and mills the cards of the oppent's to. ("Whispering Madness" too)
You will not play it 4x times, because you want to play it, if you have only these last hand card and other player has more...or you want to recycle a hand with only lands and have enough at the board.
i prefer to add some cheap draw spells cmc<=2 to get my mill cards and the other needed cards fast.
if you want to do this, you can self mill you with these options to, but much faster...

Eternalrecurrence

• Decks
Re: Mill - Comments
« Antwort #2 am: August 02, 2020, 10:31:41 Nachmittag »
Thank you for taking the time to giveme these insights I can't wait to make the changes you recommend.   :)