deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Latest deckstats.net updates  (Read 90088 times)

Nils

• Decks
Re: Latest deckstats.net updates
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2019, 10:58:13 pm »
Hoever, one thing you will notice immediately is that we now show mana costs next to each card name.

Could you make this optional ? Perhaps in the card table selection menu...
It's toooo much information in the overview. I got overwhelmed by it  :o
I agree that the mana costs didn't look very nice initially. I have just made them a bit greyed out and also right-aligned them to make them look more organized. Is this better already or do you think you'd still need a setting to disable this?

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2019, 11:26:16 pm »
Greyed out is better.  I don't think that the right-justification helps anything.

I would also like to disable this.  Even with the greyed-out.

I think the real visual problem is that the mana costs are graphically too big.  They feel about twice the size as the font of the card name.

Thanks.
Happy Brewing!
:)

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2019, 10:59:19 am »
I agree that the mana costs didn't look very nice initially. I have just made them a bit greyed out and also right-aligned them to make them look more organized. Is this better already or do you think you'd still need a setting to disable this?

Much better !! And absolute acceptable... for ME ;)

The alignment to the right is also really good.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2019, 12:47:35 pm »
Quick update: You can now search for EDH/Commander decks with a specific commander https://deckstats.net/decks/f/edh-commander/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2019, 01:02:18 pm »
I've noticed that I sometimes have to complete a Captcha when making a post or previewing it. Is this because my posts are so long that the algorithm detects it as a possible bot? Or is it because my username makes it think I'm a robot?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:26 pm »
I've noticed that I sometimes have to complete a Captcha when making a post or previewing it. Is this because my posts are so long that the algorithm detects it as a possible bot? Or is it because my username makes it think I'm a robot?

Your username makes it think you're an outdated robot. Because of this it likes to anger you.  ;D
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2019, 02:42:08 pm »
I'm totally not though. I even made a post recently that warned people of the bots that sometimes show up on Deckstats.

Oh, that's what this is about. Because of my post, Deckstats now has a Captcha to work against bots.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2019, 03:51:15 pm »
I'm totally not though. I even made a post recently that warned people of the bots that sometimes show up on Deckstats.

Oh, that's what this is about. Because of my post, Deckstats now has a Captcha to work against bots.

Let's be honest: you want to be the only bot lurking around here. ;)

I agree with you, that this is most likely the reason for captchas. Let's hope that works. :)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:34 pm »
I would like to be able to turn off automatically correcting card names.
Nils is the God I worship

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2019, 08:21:17 pm »
That sounds like you are getting caught by our web firewall. It's definitely not your username though. But something about the device you are using or what you are doing is making you look like a bot.

If this happens again, could you please take send me any additional information displayed on the page? There should be something like a ray ID and an IP address listed somewhere. If your IP address is not listed, it would be great if you could look that up (just google for "ip") and send it to me.

I would like to be able to turn off automatically correcting card names.
There should be a tick box for this already - where are you trying to turn it off? And, just out of curiosity, why?

MTG_Reanimator

• Decks
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2019, 08:31:20 pm »
Personally I think if a card could be corrected you should be promoted and you could decide yes or no, or just turn off the prompts, as that feels like a good middle ground. I dunno, every spoiler season I always have to fight corrections because in general they're helpful so I don't want to disable them but card that aren't in the database always get messed with.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2019, 08:41:24 pm »
^ this. Spoilers and the corrections do not get along.
Nils is the God I worship

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:03 pm »
As you might have seen already I have now made some improvements to autocorrections in our deckbuilder: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,45273.0.html

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2019, 06:02:58 pm »
I don't know which update it was, but something is messing with card hyperlinks in the forum. Before it would automatically add the hyperlink to any full card name, but now it seems to look for the first part of a card name. For example:

Humble Defector
Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire
Karn, Silver Golem
Sunder Shaman

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2019, 11:01:55 pm »
I don't know which update it was, but something is messing with card hyperlinks in the forum. Before it would automatically add the hyperlink to any full card name, but now it seems to look for the first part of a card name. For example:

Humble Defector
Karn, Silver Golem
Sunder Shaman
Good spot! I have fixed this now:

Humble Defector
Karn, Silver Golem
Sunder Shaman