deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Latest deckstats.net updates  (Read 89543 times)

Nils

• Decks
Re: Small Updates
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 03:34:00 pm »
When you save changes to a deck, you will now have the option of also posting a comment with a list of your changes. This makes it much easier for everyone to keep track of your revisions and also draws more attention to your deck!

Here is an example:
http://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,19322.msg51645.html#msg51645

Undying

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 10:19:35 am »
I've had an idea for a new feature for a while now:
How about next to the Mana Curve graph that displays the types of cards there would be another that shows the Mana Colours needed in the different CMC beams?
For example in CMC1 there are 2 red cards and 1 green, cards in CMC2 need 2 red mana, 3 green and 5 colourless, ...
That way one could easier adjust the Mana Base to the colours that are needed in the first few rounds of the match instead of simply comparing ratios.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:22:27 am by Undying »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 01:39:40 am »
I've had an idea for a new feature for a while now:
How about next to the Mana Curve graph that displays the types of cards there would be another that shows the Mana Colours needed in the different CMC beams?
For example in CMC1 there are 2 red cards and 1 green, cards in CMC2 need 2 red mana, 3 green and 5 colourless, ...
That way one could easier adjust the Mana Base to the colours that are needed in the first few rounds of the match instead of simply comparing ratios.

I would also really like this feature, as it would make it much clearer what sort of ETB untapped lands I should have.

Cheers!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 11:28:57 pm »
We have recently made some changes to the mobile version of DeckStats: The charts on the deck page have now been moved into a separate tab and the list of folders on the user profiles is now collapsed by default. So hopefully the most important content is now even easier to access! In addition, we have also made a few more cosmetic changes, including updating the icons used in the menu bar.

Please let me know what you think about these changes!

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 11:57:54 am »
Don't know if this as been reported yet, but I have an error with the EDH suggestions tab.
"Erreur: OK" instead of the cards.

Thanks for your work!

Triezknilch

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 05:52:04 pm »
Hi,

as my first post I want to start with a big thank you, I am grateful that this extraordinary site is available for us, and it is my primary tool for brewing.

I have a few small thoughts I'd like to adress to you:

* A few months ago you made it so that the browser informs you about "unsaved changes" with a client-side popup. I do not like the popup. Disabling the popup via the browser did not help. Was this "feature" added because some users were complaining that they were losing changes because they didn't know how the site works? That's unfortunate. If I could disable this popup in my personal options, that would be nice.

* I like to use the "Starting Hand" feature. I choose a new hand and then click 5 times on "add new card" to see what I'll be having in the fifth/sixth round. It would be helpful if the cards had a number next to them, so that after the first 7 (starting hand) I would see that a card would be the n-th card that I would draw from my library.

* The "Starting Hand" feature is not so useful on mobile, because the cards are too big for the screen. In portrait orientation, only one card is visible on my mobile. In landscape orientation, two cards side-by-side. That is not good for an overview. I would appreciate a change in the display size, however big you think might be good so that you can see a few cards at once.

* The change in the card display size would also be good for other areas with mobile phones, i.e. for the visual spoiler list. Again, only two cards on the screen takes away from the feature.

These are probably low-effort changes and I'd be happy to see them accepted on your behalf. I had these on my mind for a while and was wondering how you would like this feedback.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:16:12 pm by Triezknilch »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »
Thank you very much for your feedback! All of these are great suggestions and I will try to implement them soon!

The popup was indeed added because people would think their decks were saved already and then lose them when they close the tab. I can add a setting for this but I'm curious why you don't like it - do you often start analysing a deck but then close the window?

Triezknilch

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 07:31:28 pm »
Reproduction steps:
  • Open a decks with the text-based deckbuilder
  • Click "Analyze Deck Now!" button
  • Change something in the deck list
  • Click "Analyze Deck Now!" button

This leads to the browser popup that asks me if I want to leave the page; which means it occurs in my normal workflow when editing the deck (I usually do a series of changes in small iterations). And actually, changing something in the deck list wouldn't even be necessary for the popup to appear in the first place.
I don't forget to save my changes; the popup might be helpful to some, but a small distraction for others.

Glad to see good spirit about feedback here!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 02:28:58 pm »
Here is the first set of updates:

• Card images on the visual spoiler/starting hand tabs will now be smaller in the mobile version to show at least two (three in landscape mode) per row. You can still view the full-size version of the card by tapping it. To view the card info page, tap it and then tap the larger image.
  • The "unsaved deck" warning should no longer be displayed if you simply resubmit a deck after making changes (this was actually a bug). Hopefully this should make a setting to disable this warning unnecessary!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 06:42:44 pm »
  • There is now a little turn number being shown for each additional card you draw on the "Starting Hand" tab
  • New cards you draw are now added on top to make them easier to see, especially in the mobile version

Fabes

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 10:02:16 pm »
  • New cards you draw are now added on top to make them easier to see, especially in the mobile version

I don't know if it's just me, but I liked the old version of it much better.

Triezknilch

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 09:57:41 pm »
The "unsaved deck" warning should no longer be displayed if you simply resubmit a deck after making changes (this was actually a bug). Hopefully this should make a setting to disable this warning unnecessary!

Fixed! So now it is unnecessary to provide a personal setting to disable this warning. :)

Btw, I noticed on mobile that the starting hand layout is a off center (to the left) http://imgur.com/3IU3yy5
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:00:14 pm by Triezknilch »

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 10:50:15 am »
Hi, thank you for the updates, I noticed the change for the partner commanders, that's great.
Things I would like are:
- the possibility to exclude the comments when you download your deck list. (annoying for Cockatrice)
- I didn't find how to filter on common/uncommon/rare/mythic in the deckbuilder part.
- I didn't find how to filter on multicolored in the deckbuilder part.
- As I build a lot of commanders, it would be great to identify in the database search window the cards that are already in the deck list. (colored in red or something).
- Maybe a feature to help with the manabase like the manabasecrafter.com website.

Or let me know if I didn't find them.

Thank you again for the website.  :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:04:48 am by AliasGreg »

emputay

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 04:37:25 pm »
Hello,

love the site, but when I am trying to search for decks containing Vampire Nighthawk it keeps coming up with nothing.  I have tried numerous ways to spell with caps and such but no luck.  I have seen and added myself the card but nothing on searches.

thank you

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 11:24:05 pm »
AliasGreg: I just saw that I never replied to you, sorry! Thank you for your suggestions, I will look into them in the next few days!

emputay: Sorry about that, this should now be fixed! If you notice any more issues like this please let me know!