deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Skirk Fire Marshal Secret Commander  (Read 273 times)

stuffnsuch

• Decks
Skirk Fire Marshal Secret Commander
« on: August 28, 2020, 10:05:24 pm »
Okay, so back in Onslaught block, I had a goblin tribal deck that focused on getting a one turn kill with Skirk Fire Marshal.  It wasn't the best deck ever, but it usually could manage a turn 6 or 7 kill.  It ran white for damage prevention so it's not a suicide deck, and was a lot of fun to play, even if it only occasionally went off.  Strictly for nostagia, I'm trying to run the concept in commander.  I've tried this deck a few times, and even won, but I've not been able to ever go off with the Fire Marshal.  It's actually a fairly good deck since it has damage prevention and board wipes and token generation built in, but I'd like some help tuning up the deck to make for a one turn, kill everybody, Skirk Fire Marshal combo more often.  Any suggestions (please keep them somewhat budget).

https://deckstats.net/decks/161053/1738785-secret-skirk

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Skirk Fire Marshal Secret Commander
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
Hey man, cool idea.

If you're playing Onslaught stuff, I'm already going to love it.

One idea that jumps out to me would be the inclusion of Stuffy Doll and Brash Taunter. Taunter is particularly good as it's a goblin and lets you pick the target each time, but they're both worth it in my opinion. They block for days which is good for damage prevention, but their ability to hit players when you activate fire marshall should ultimately mean you require less activations to finish people off.

Cool deck though dude. I'm a big lover of building for nostalgia and this looks sweet.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 02:45:55 am »

One idea that jumps out to me would be the inclusion of Stuffy Doll and Brash Taunter.

I definitely considered those two, but when I go off, they're almost always going to have the damage prevented, so they actually did very little in my test playing.  My commander essentially makes them pointless as anything but a blocker.  They can't even really use their activated abilities, except the taunter can occasionally fight a mana dork or something.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 04:50:25 am »
They are good includes if your commander doesn't stick often for more that a turn or two. Which should become the case pretty quickly once you playgroup starts targeting it after they find how powerful it can be for the deck so I'd definitely keep brash taunter and stuffy doll on the side ready.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:49 pm »
Okay, I put in Brash Taunter.  I figure, worst case, he's another goblin on the field, and best case, he's holding back opponents while I set up the combo, picking off mana dorks, or redistributing big damage to whatever I want.